|Born||June 24, 1974|
Rahway, New Jersey, U.S.
|Alma mater||University of Florida|
|Associated acts||Less Than Jake|
Vincent "Vinnie" Fiorello (born June 24, 1974) is an American rock musician and businessman. He co-founded the ska punk band Less Than Jake in 1992, and was the band's drummer and lyricist until 2018. He also founded the record labels Fueled by Ramen, Sleep It Off Records, and Paper + Plastick, in addition to several local businesses in Gainesville, Florida.
Vinnie Fiorello and Chris DeMakes founded the band Less Than Jake while attending the University of Florida in 1992. Band members have told various media outlets different versions of the origin of the band's name. DeMakes has stated in interviews that the band's name came from Fiorello's family's pet parrot. His story claimed that the parrot would squawk during the band's practice sessions, leading to Fiorello's mother telling the band that they needed to stop playing because they were disturbing the bird. This would lead to the band referring to themselves as being "less than Jake." In June 2020, however, Fiorello clarified that Jake was not a parrot but was, in fact, an English Bulldog.
As the lyricist, Fiorello was generally regarded as the symbolic frontman for the band, despite being the drummer, and was usually the subject of any interviews with the band.
On October 24, 2018, Fiorello announced that while he would remain a member of Less Than Jake, he would no longer be touring with the band. After Fiorello's announcement, the band recruited Teen Idols drummer Matt Yonker as their touring drummer. On September 1, 2019, Roger Lima announced via social media that despite prior reports, Fiorello was no longer with the band in any capacity and would not be participating in the creation of the band's upcoming album.
- Handley, Gen (June 25, 2015). "Rank Your Records: Less Than Jake's Vinnie Fiorello Rates the Ska-Punk Band's Eight Albums". Vice. Retrieved December 23, 2019.
- "AHEAD Artist Vinnie Fiorello". Ahead Drumsticks. Retrieved February 24, 2020.
- "A parrot, a fish, and a reeling night of ska". billingsgazette.com. Retrieved January 18, 2020.
- Taylor, Blake. "Worker Bees Ep.1 - Vinnie Fiorello on Life After Less Than Jake". YouTube. Retrieved July 8, 2020.
- Paul, Aubin (December 22, 2006). "Vinnie talks about his departure from Fueled By Ramen". Punknews.org. Retrieved May 10, 2017.
- "About". Wunderland Custom Tattoo. Retrieved February 24, 2020.
- Scott, Jesse (August 2, 2018). "Less Than Jake's Vinnie Fiorello on the Last Warped Tour Ever". Miami New Times. Retrieved December 23, 2019.
- Lima, Roger [@LessThanRAJ] (September 1, 2019). "Love it or hate it, Less Than Jake is entering a new era. We have had a new drummer for just shy of a year, and the next album is being written without our old lyricist/drummer. There seems to be confusion on the matter, and I hope I can clear up any questions #newera" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- Laderer, Ashley (October 30, 2019). "Less Than Jake's Vinnie Fiorello on his New CBD Brand, Sailor Diggen's Finest". High Times. Retrieved February 24, 2020.
- Fiorello, Vinnie [@lessthanvinnie] (September 3, 2011). "I just became a dad to a beautiful baby girl!" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- Fiorello, Vinnie [@lessthanvinnie] (September 3, 2011). "@alexiscummins lilliana Rose" (Tweet) – via Twitter.