||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (February 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Vinny Cerrato is the former Executive Vice President for Football Operations (General Manager) for the Washington Redskins of the National Football League and actor in the feature film Kindergarten Ninja.
University of Minnesota
Before the NFL, Cerrato served as the football recruiting coordinator under Lou Holtz at the University of Notre Dame. During that time, the Irish played in four Bowl games and won the 1988 NCAA National Championship.
San Francisco 49ers
Cerrato was with the San Francisco 49ers for nine seasons. He joined San Francisco in 1991 as a scout and became the team's director of college scouting in June 1992, helping to draft players including Ted Washington, Ricky Watters, Dana Stubblefield and Bryant Young. In 1994, the 49ers were the Super Bowl XXIX championship team. In February 1995, Cerrato was promoted to director of player personnel, overseeing all college scouting and draft activities as well as pro scouting of NFL players and opponents.
First stint with Redskins
Cerrato was hired by the Redskins in 1999. During this time, he acquired older big name stars like Bruce Smith, Deion Sanders, Irving Fryar, Jeff George, and Mark Carrier. He was then fired by Marty Schottenheimer in 2001. During his brief hiatus from the Redskins, Cerrato worked for ESPN as a college analyst.
Second stint with Redskins
On Thursday, December 17, 2009, the Redskins announced that Cerrato had resigned as Executive Vice-President of Football Operations. When asked whether Cerrato was offered another position in the Redskins front office, owner Daniel Snyder stated simply that it was "time to move on." Cerrato has since been doing a sports talk radio show in Baltimore Md, 105.7 the fan.
- "Washington Redskins hire Bruce Allen after Vinny Cerrato, VP of football operations, resigns". ESPN.com. December 17, 2009. Retrieved 2011-02-08.
- "Kindergarten Ninja (Video 1994)". imdb.com. September 22, 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
- "Vinny Cerrato's First Ninja Scene". washingtonpost.com. February 11, 2009. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
- Wise, Mike (2005-08-11). "Cerrato's Special Working Relationship". Washington Post. Retrieved 2008-04-02.
- "Cerrato's Bio in Redskins Media Guide" (PDF). Redskins Official website. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2008-06-25. Retrieved 2008-04-02.
- "Cerrato's IMDB Page". IMDB. Retrieved 2009-02-12.
Charley Casserly (as GM)
|Washington Redskins Director of Player Personnel
Marty Schottenheimer (as head coach with control over player personnel)
|Washington Redskins Vice President of Player Personnel
Bruce Allen (as General Manager)