Vino (VNC server)
|Original author(s)||Mark McLoughlin, Calum Benson|
|Initial release||February 5, 2004|
|Stable release||3.38.2 (25 November 2020 )|
|Preview release||3.37.92 (13 September 2020 )|
|Available in||41 languages|
|License||GPL version 2|
Configuration up to version 3.8.0 was via the vino-preferences program. This was removed from the packages after that version, since the gnome-control-center could then be used alternatively to control settings.
However, Vino is also useful in some other Linux distributions, which may not use GNOME desktop; and where gnome-control-center is not present: this leaves those distributions with no preference editor. For these distributions, (Lubuntu is one example, being based on LXDE, not GNOME), the alternative configuration manager tool dconf-editor is recommended (sudo apt install dconf-editor to install). The VNC settings can then be accessed under org -> gnome -> desktop -> remote-access using that tool.
- "vino - GNOME Desktop Sharing Server". Retrieved 30 October 2011.
- "ftp.gnome.org". Retrieved 30 October 2011.
- Catanzaro, Michael (25 November 2020). "GNOME 3.38.2 released!". GNOME Mail Services (Mailing list). Retrieved 11 December 2020.
- Jardón, Javier (13 September 2020). "GNOME 3.37.92 released". GNOME Mail Services (Mailing list). Retrieved 17 September 2020.
- "Module Statistics: vino". Retrieved 30 October 2011.
|This GNOME-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|