Vintage Computer Festival
The Vintage Computer Festival (VCF) is an international event celebrating the history of computing. It is held annually in various locations around the United States and various countries internationally. It was founded by Sellam Ismail in 1997. As of February 2016, most rights to the Vintage Computer Festival franchise are owned by the Vintage Computer Federation Inc., a 501(c)3 educational non-profit organization.
The Vintage Computer Festival promotes the preservation of "obsolete" computers by offering the public a chance to experience the technologies, people and stories that embody the remarkable tale of the computer revolution. VCF events include hands-on exhibit halls, VIP keynote speeches, consignment, technical classes, and other attractions depending on venue. It is consequently one of the premiere physical markets for antique computer hardware.
The Vintage Computer Federation owns VCF East  (Wall Township, New Jersey), VCF West  (Mountain View, California), and future editions. Independent editions include the VCF Midwest  (metro Chicago, Illinois), VCF Europa (Munich & Berlin, Germany; Zurich, Switzerland), Vintage Computer Festival GB, and VCF Southeast ( (Atlanta, Georgia).
- Kahney, Leander (October 23, 2002). "Computer Trash Is His Treasure". Wired. Retrieved March 26, 2012.
- by Grue. "Vintage Computer Federation – VCF — A user group for computer history hobbyists". Vcfed.org. Retrieved 2017-01-14.
- "Vintage Computer Festival East XII – Vintage Computer Federation". Vcfed.org. Retrieved 2017-01-14.
- "Vintage Computer Festival West XI – Vintage Computer Federation". Vcfed.org. Retrieved 2017-01-14.
- "Chicago Classic Computing". Chiclassiccomp.org. Retrieved 2017-01-14.
- "VCFe 17.0 - Vintage Computer Festival Europa". Vcfe.org. 2016-10-28. Retrieved 2017-01-14.
- "Vintage Computer Festival GB (Part of Silicon Dreams 2013)". Vintagecomputerfestival.org.uk. Retrieved 2017-01-14.
- "Vintage Computer Festival Southeast 4.0 – Vintage Computer Federation". Vcfed.org. Retrieved 2017-01-14.