|Parent company||Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group (Random House)|
|Founder||Alfred A. Knopf Sr.|
|Country of origin||United States, United Kingdom|
|Headquarters location||New York City|
|Imprints||Vintage Classics, Vintage Contemporaries, Vintage Crime/Black Lizard, Vintage International|
The company was purchased by Random House publishing in April 1960, and is a subdivision of Random House. In 1990, Vintage UK was set up in the United Kingdom. After Random House merged with Bantam Doubleday Dell, Doubleday's Anchor Books trade paperback line was added to the same division as Vintage.
Vintage began publishing some mass-market paperback books in 2003.
Vintage Books have "First Edition" printed on the copyright page with a '1' that is present.
- Carvajal, Doreen (1999-05-28). "Bertelsmann Is Reorganizing Random House". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2019-10-14.
- "Doubleday, Knopf Form Mass Market Line". PublishersWeekly.com. Retrieved 2019-10-14.
- "Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group". knopfdoubleday.com. Retrieved 2021-02-27.
- "Vintage Books - First Edition Identification and Publisher Information". www.biblio.com. Retrieved 2021-02-27.
- Doubleday, Vintage Team with Production Company on New Imprint
- Vintage Books
- Vintage Books UK
- Publishing history timeline