Vintage Faire Mall
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Village at Vintage Faire Mall entrance
|Address||Intersection of Sisk Road, Dale Road, Standiford Avenue and State Route 99|
|Opening date||March 12, 1977|
|Developer||The Hahn Company|
|No. of stores and services||174|
|No. of anchor tenants||5|
|Total retail floor area||1,083,309 sq ft (100,642.7 m2)|
|No. of floors||2|
Location and accessibility
Vintage Faire Mall is located in Modesto, California, in the Central Valley region. It is serviced by State Route 99 and public transportation such as the Modesto Area Express (MAX) and Stanislaus Regional Transit (StaRT) buses.
In 2001, the mall's owner Macerich invested $10 million in an extensive renovation that included new escalators, new railings and carpet on the second floor, new tiles on the first floor, modern light fixtures and new exterior signage. A new elevator was built in the center of the mall and a wing of the second floor was converted into a food court.
The Village at Vintage Faire Mall
In 2008, the mall opened an expansion that added a new outdoor "lifestyle center" to the former parking lot space between a mall entrance and what is now Forever 21. The new expansion, called "The Village at Vintage Faire Mall", added several new retailers including Apple, BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse, Coach, Chico's, Charming Charlie, Sephora, Men's Wearhouse, Chipotle Mexican Grill and Buffalo Wild Wings.
Former Anchor Stores
- Forever 21 - In October 2019, the store was listed to close amid the company's Chapter 11 Bankruptcy filing. Liquidation began in November 2019. Forever 21 closed its doors for the final time on December 31, 2019.
- Gottschalks - Closed in 2009 due to company's bankruptcy and liquidation. Building was taken over by Forever 21.
- Sears - On October 15, 2018, it was announced that this location would be closing as part of the company's ongoing downsizing. This location closed permanently on January 6, 2019. The building has remained unoccupied. By the end of September 2019, the interior was gutted to make room for new tenants.
- "At Vintage Faire Mall - Seritage". www.seritage.com.
- "The Village at Modesto mall opens to great fanfare". The Modesto Bee. November 14, 2008.
- NathanBomey. "Sears store closing list: 142 more Sears, Kmart locations closing in Chapter 11 bankruptcy". USA TODAY.
- "The Modesto Bee". Sears at Modesto’s Vintage Faire Mall and Kmart in Ceres close their doors. January 9, 2019.