|Group 2 race|
W. Sussex, England
|Race type||Flat / Thoroughbred|
|Distance||7f (1,408 metres)|
|Weight||9 st 1 lb|
3 lb for fillies
3 lb for G1 / G2 winners
The Vintage Stakes is a Group 2 flat horse race in Great Britain open to two-year-old horses. It is run at Goodwood over a distance of 7 furlongs (1,408 metres), and it is scheduled to take place each year in late July or early August.
The event was established in 1975, and it was originally classed at Listed level. During the early part of its history it was sponsored by Lanson and known as the Lanson Champagne Vintage Stakes. It was given Group 3 status in 1986.
The Vintage Stakes was promoted to Group 2 level in 2003, and from this point it was sponsored by Veuve Clicquot. It is currently held on the opening day of the five-day Glorious Goodwood meeting.
Leading jockey (6 wins):
- Willie Carson – Troy (1978), Church Parade (1980), Mukaddamah (1990), Dr Devious (1991), Maroof (1992), Alhaarth (1995)
Leading trainer (6 wins):
- Dick Hern – Riboboy (1975), Sky Ship (1976), Troy (1978), Church Parade (1980), Petoski (1984), Alhaarth (1995)
- Henry Cecil – Marathon Gold (1979), Trojan Fen (1983), Faustus (1985), High Estate (1988), Be My Chief (1989), Eltish (1994)
- Racing Post:
- galopp-sieger.de – Vintage Stakes.
- horseracingintfed.com – International Federation of Horseracing Authorities – Vintage Stakes (2018).
- pedigreequery.com – Vintage Stakes – Goodwood.
- Abelson, Edward; John Tyrrel (1993). The Breedon Book of Horse Racing Records. Breedon Books. p. 136. ISBN 1-873626-15-0.