Vintage TV (TV channel)
|Launched||1 September 2010|
|Closed||7 August 2018|
|Owned by||Vintage Entertainment Limited|
|Picture format||576i (16:9 SDTV)|
|Audience share||0.06% (July 2018BARB),|
|Slogan||It's all about the music!|
|Country||United Kingdom & Canada|
|Broadcast area||United Kingdom, Canada, Republic of Ireland|
(at time of closure)
|Astra 2G||11264 H 27500 2/3|
|Virgin Media||Channel 343|
The channel was available throughout the UK, and with limited availability in Ireland. Broadcast transmissions on satellite, cable and Freeview ceased during August 2018. Its name and programming were previously licensed to Vintage TV in Canada.
Vintage TV broadcast a selection of music-related programming including music videos and concerts from an array of popular music artists primarily dating from the 1940s to 1990s. About 40% of its programming was original, including entertainment series and more than 500 specially created music videos featuring archive footage from the BBC, ITN, and Getty Images. Following a public vote from a list of 50 possible tracks, the first music video played on the channel was The Beach Boys' 'Good Vibrations'.
In September 2010, Vintage TV replaced oMusic TV on Sky.
In April 2011, Vintage TV appointed 3Vision on a multi-year contract to help negotiate carriage deals for Vintage TV in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA), as well as assist in the channel's aim of serving as many markets as possible by the end of 2012.
In July 2011, Vintage TV won the Freesat Award for Best Themed Channel. In April 2012, Vintage TV was shortlisted for two Freesat awards, Best Niche TV Channel and Breakout Channel of the Year, by Freesat's panel of media industry judges.
In April 2013, Vintage TV launched on Virgin Media on channel number 343.
In June 2014, Vintage TV became available on Internet connected Freeview boxes on channel 242.
From 1 July 2016, Vintage TV was on Freeview channel 86. It moved to channel 82 on 3 August 2016.
On 17 May 2018, Vintage TV was removed from Freesat, with the channel blaming "carriage costs" for the removal.  Vintage TV was then removed from Freeview on 2 August 2018.  Lastly, the channel was removed on Virgin Media and Sky on 7 August 2018. The channel later claimed that following talks with Sky it had been "offered a new deal to return to the platform"  but eventually on 17 October 2018, it was confirmed that the channel had gone into administration.
- "Vintage TV unveils debut lineup". Digital Spy. 16 August 2010. Archived from the original on 25 November 2010. Retrieved 6 April 2011.
- "UK's Vintage TV Expands into Canada, Eyes China, Eventually U.S." Billboard. Archived from the original on 18 August 2017. Retrieved 9 November 2017.
- "Vintage TV Set For Freesat Launch". Join Freesat. 28 June 2010. Archived from the original on 7 March 2016. Retrieved 10 February 2012.
- "Vintage TV to support music charity". Digital Spy. 24 August 2010. Archived from the original on 8 June 2013. Retrieved 10 February 2012.
- "Vintage TV eyes worldwide distribution". Digital Spy. 6 April 2011. Archived from the original on 7 April 2011. Retrieved 6 April 2011.
- "ITV big winner at Freesat Awards 2011". Pocket-lint. 13 July 2011. Archived from the original on 14 September 2011. Retrieved 10 February 2012.
- Fletcher, Alex (29 March 2012). "'BGT', 'Strictly' lead Freesat Awards". Digital Spy. Archived from the original on 17 February 2019. Retrieved 17 February 2019.
- "VINTAGE TV: NOW AVAILABLE ON FREEVIEW CHANNEL 242". Vintage TV. 19 June 2014. Archived from the original on 27 June 2015.
- "Vintage TV Launches on Freeview HD Channel 86 to Deliver High Quality Music Shows". Archived from the original on 15 August 2016. Retrieved 30 June 2016.
- "Vintage TV leaves Freesat over carriage cost". Archived from the original on 21 September 2018. Retrieved 21 September 2018.
- "Vintage TV pulled from Freeview". Archived from the original on 5 August 2018. Retrieved 5 August 2018.
- "Vintage TV News". vintage.tv. Archived from the original on 7 December 2018. Retrieved 15 November 2018.
- "Vintage TV in Administration". a516digital.com. 17 October 2018. Archived from the original on 15 December 2018. Retrieved 12 December 2018.