Vinukonda-Nandyal Railway Section along Nallamala Hills
|• Total||15.00 km2 (5.79 sq mi)|
|Elevation||95 m (312 ft)|
|• Density||4,000/km2 (10,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Dolmens and other megalithic structures have been found in the town's neighbourhood. Inscriptions from about 1000–1400 CE are also to be found in many old temples. The Vishnukundina, a local dynasty, ruled the adjoining areas from here during the turn of the millennium. During the medieval era, the hill nearby was the site of a fortress. A four-hundred-year-old Jamia Masjid, built in 1640, is the only major relic of Muslim rule in the town. and Great church ETBC (Emmanuel Telugu Baptist church) vinukonda
Vinukonda is located at  It has an average elevation of 75 metres (246 feet). Much like the rest of Guntur district, it has very hot summers and mild winters. Rainfall is mostly in July to September. High concentrations of fluorides are found in the underground water reserves and potable water is therefore rare. The STD code of the town is +91 8646 and PIN Code is 522647..
Vinukonda municipality is the civic administrative body of the city. It is a third grade municipality, spread over an area of 2.59 km2 (1.00 sq mi). The urban agglomeration constituents of the town are Vinukonda municipality and a partial out growth of Brahmanapalle village. The current Member of Legislative Assembly representing Vinukonda town area is G V Anjaneyulu from the Telugu Desam Party.
Vinukonda is the major road junction in Guntur District. The town is about 98 km from the state capital of Amaravati. Located on the Guntur – Kurnool – Bellary Highway. Vinukonda railway station is located on the Guntur–Guntakal railway line and falls under the Guntur railway division of South Central Railway.
The primary and secondary school education is imparted by government, aided and private schools, under the School Education Department of the state. The medium of instruction followed by different schools are English, Telugu.
- 1 famous _dresses =S.D.Fashions"Municipalities, Municipal Corporations & UDAs" (PDF). Directorate of Town and Country Planning. Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 January 2016. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- "Elevation for Vinukonda". Veloroutes. Retrieved 5 August 2014.
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 5 August 2014.
- "District Census Handbook - Guntur" (PDF). Census of India. pp. 14–15, 46. Retrieved 18 January 2015.
- W. Francis (1989). Gazetteer of South India. Mittal Publications. pp. 328–. GGKEY:4Y158YFPNGZ. Retrieved 19 June 2012.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc – Vinukonda
- "Andhra Pradesh Municipal Development Project" (PDF). Municipal Development Project. Government of Andhra Pradesh. p. 21. Retrieved 17 June 2015.
- "School Eduvation Department" (PDF). School Education Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "The Department of School Education - Official AP State Government Portal | AP State Portal". www.ap.gov.in. Retrieved 7 November 2016.