Vinukonda-Nandyal Railway Section along Nallamala Hills
|• Total||22.82 km2 (8.81 sq mi)|
|Elevation||95 m (312 ft)|
|• Density||2,600/km2 (6,800/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Vinukonda (also known as vinnakonda)is a town in Guntur district of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It is a municipality and the headquarters of Vinukonda mandal and administered under Narasaraopet revenue division.
The town was formerly known as Vishnukundinapuram.the hill is in the shape of tortoise. So many temples were also found on top of hill. Srigangasametha ramalingeswara Swamy temple (according to available sources this deity present in temple was sanctified by lord Rama ). Down of the hill Sri Lakshmi narasimha Swamy temple was found which was constructed in Gupta's rule.
Dolmens and other megalithic structures have been found in the town's neighbourhood. Inscriptions from about 1000–1400 CE are also to be found in many old temples. The Vishnukundina, a local dynasty, ruled the adjoining areas from here during the turn of the millennium. During the medieval era, the hill nearby was the site of a fortress. A four-hundred-year-old Jamia Masjid, built in 1640, is the only major relic of Muslim rule in the town.
Vinukonda is located at  It has an average elevation of 75 metres (246 feet). Much like the rest of Guntur district, it has very hot summers and mild winters. Rainfall is mostly in July to September. High concentrations of fluorides are found in the underground water reserves and potable water is therefore rare. The STD code of the town is +91 8646 and PIN Code is 522647..
Vinukonda municipality is the civic administrative body of the city. It is a third grade municipality, spread over an area of 2.59 km2 (1.00 sq mi). The urban agglomeration constituents of the town are Vinukonda municipality and a partial out growth of Brahmanapalle village. The current Member of Legislative Assembly representing Vinukonda town area is G V Anjaneyulu from the Telugu Desam Party.
The town has a total road length of 106.70 km (66.30 mi). It is located on Guntur–Kurnool–Bellary highway. Vinukonda railway station is located on the Guntur–Guntakal railway line and falls under the Guntur railway division of South Central Railway.
Himaja I.T Solutions
First computer sales & service in vinukonda providing computer servicing and lab setup and internet provider contact +91- 9059511227
The primary and secondary school education is imparted by government, aided and private schools, under the School Education Department of the state. The medium of instruction followed by different schools are English, Telugu.
- 1 famous _dresses =S.D.Fashions"Municipalities, Municipal Corporations & UDAs" (PDF). Directorate of Town and Country Planning. Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 January 2016. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- "Elevation for Vinukonda". Veloroutes. Retrieved 5 August 2014.
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 5 August 2014.
- "District Census Handbook – Guntur" (PDF). Census of India. pp. 14–15, 46. Retrieved 18 January 2015.
- Vasumati, E. Telugu Literature in the Qutub Shahi Period. Abul Kalam Azad Oriental Research Institute.
- W. Francis (1989). Gazetteer of South India. Mittal Publications. pp. 328–. GGKEY:4Y158YFPNGZ. Retrieved 19 June 2012.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc – Vinukonda
- "Andhra Pradesh Municipal Development Project" (PDF). Municipal Development Project. Government of Andhra Pradesh. p. 21. Archived from the original (PDF) on 17 June 2015. Retrieved 17 June 2015.
- "Details of Roads in Each ULB of Andhra Pradesh". Commissioner and Directorate of Municipal Administration. Municipal Administration and Urban Developmemt Department – Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original on 1 August 2016. Retrieved 28 March 2017.
- "School Education Department" (PDF). School Education Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 7 November 2016. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "The Department of School Education – Official AP State Government Portal | AP State Portal". www.ap.gov.in. Archived from the original on 7 November 2016. Retrieved 7 November 2016.