|Birth name||Anderson Hernandez|
|Also known as||Vinylz|
|Born||September 2, 1989|
Washington Heights, New York City, New York, United States
Anderson Hernandez (born September 2, 1989), professionally known as Vinylz, is an American record producer from Washington Heights, New York City. He is certainly known for his work with many artists that include Jay Z, Desiigner, Rick Ross, Drake, J. Cole, Nicki Minaj, Jeremih and Tinashe.
Early life and career
Anderson Hernandez was born to immigrated parents from the Dominican Republic on September 2, 1989, in Washington Heights, a neighborhood located in the New York City borough of Manhattan, living across the street from adult contemporary musician Alicia Keys. Hernandez started producing at age 14. He received his stage name, Vinylz, courtesy of a friend who noticed both of his interests for clever sampling and his father's collection of vinyl records. Vinylz began taking music production seriously and it remained his favorite hobby ever since, but he went against his parents' wishes. He got an early professional start working with Swizz Beatz and decided to drop out of college after the first semester of his first year.
Setting up shop in Quad Studios, the well-known recording studio located in New York City's Time Square, Vinylz flourished through his work with up-and-coming or breakout artists like Drag-On and Cassidy. After reaching out to Canadian rapper Drake's in-house producer, Boi-1da, via Myspace to retrieve the instrumental for "Best I Ever Had", Vinylz ended up forming a relationship which would remain long after the request. Impressed by his work, Boi-1da became a mentor to the up-and-comer; the two continued on to collaborate from that point on.
In 2013, Jay Z's "F***WithMeYouKnowIGotIt" featuring Rick Ross and DJ Khaled's "No New Friends" featuring Drake, Rick Ross and Lil Wayne, both of which produced by Vinylz and Boi-1da, were respectively placed on the Top 40 of the Billboard Hot 100 chart; the latter was certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). A variety of hits, alongside Boi-1da, helped Vinylz reach a publishing deal with Sony ATV.
Throughout 2015, he produced a high number of tracks for such artists, including Jeremih's "Planez", Big Sean's "Blessings", Meek Mill's "RICO", Lil Durk's "Like Me" and Chris Brown's "Back to Sleep".
List of songs as producer or co-producer, with performing artists and other credited producers, showing year released and album name.
|Title||Year||Performing artist(s)||Other producer(s)||Album|
|Amnesia||2008||Cassidy||Back to the Problem|
|Henny, Bacardi and Swag like Rick James||2010||Cassidy||Face 2 Face EP|
|Gucci Time||2010||Gucci Mane, Swizz Beatz||Swizz Beatz, The Individuals||The Appeal: Georgia's Most Wanted|
|One Shot||2010||Cassidy, Junior Reid, Notch||CASH|
|Girl Like Her||2010||Cassidy, Mya||Top Notch||C.A.S.H.|
|She Addicted||2010||Cassidy, Nalia Boss||Cassidy||C.A.S.H.|
|MMG The World is Ours||2012||Rick Ross, Pharrell, Meek Mill, Stalley||Boi-1da||Rich Forever|
|Like Diz||2012||Roscoe Dash, 2 Chainz||Boi-1da||2.0|
|We Can Have a Ball||2012||Sammy Adams||OK Cool|
|Intro||2012||Alley Boy||The Gift of Discernment|
|Ice Cream 2K12||2012||Emilio Rojas||No Shame, No Regrets|
|Dollar and a Dream||2012||Siya||D.Y.K.E. (Damn You Killin Em)|
|NBA||2012||Joe Budden, Wiz Khalifa, French Montana||Boi-1da||No Love Lost|
|Castles||2013||Joe Budden||Allen Ritter||No Love Lost|
|Better Way Pt. 2 (Tribute to Sandy Hook)||2013||Bizzle||Boi-1da||The Good Fight|
|Brink of Amazing||2013||Daniel de Bourg||Boi-1da||London Bread|
|Bump That Bass||2013||Jeremih, Twista|
|Nasty Girl||2013||Jim Jones, Jeremih, DJ Spinking||Vampire Life 3|
|Castles||2013||Joe Budden||No Love Lost|
|5am in Toronto||2013||Drake||Boi-1da|
|No New Friends||2013||DJ Khaled, Drake, Lil Wayne, Rick Ross||Robert Bullock, Boi-1da, Noah "40" Shebib||Suffering from Success|
|Wherever We Go We Want||2013||French Montana, Ne-Yo, Raekwon||Allen Ritter, Reefa||Excuse My French|
|Was it Worth it||2013||Kid Ink, Sterling Simms||Almost Home|
|You Know||2013||Fabolous, Young Jeezy||Boi-1da||The Soul Tape 3|
|FuckWithMeYouKnowIGotIt||2013||Jay-Z, Rick Ross||Boi-1da, Timbaland, Jerome "J-Roc" Harmon||Magna Carta Holy Grail|
|The Language||2013||Drake||Boi-1da||Nothing Was the Same|
|Body Operator||2013||DJ Spinking, French Montana, Jeremih|
|Shinin' Like I'm Las Vegas||2013||DJ Whoo Kid, Nipsey Hussle|
|Vulnerable||2014||Tinashe, Travis Scott||Boi-1da||Black Water|
|Believe Me||2014||Lil Wayne, Drake||Boi-1da||Tha Carter V|
|Chiraq||2014||Nicki Minaj, Lil Herb||Boi-1da|
|FuckWithMeYouKnowIGotIt (Reprise)||2014||Rick Ross||Boi-1da, Timbaland, Jerome "J-Roc" Harmon||Mastermind|
|Adult Swim||2014||DJ Spinking, Tyga, A$AP Ferg, Jeremih, Velous|
|Best Kept Secret||2014||Sammy Adams||Wizzy|
|Don't Play||2014||Travis Scott, Big Sean, The 1975||Allen Ritter, Travis Scott||Days Before Rodeo|
|0 to 100 / The Catch Up||2014||Drake||Boi-1da, 40, Nineteen85|
|Grindin||2014||Lil Wayne, Drake||Boi-1da||Tha Carter V|
|4 The Freaks||2014||Jeremih||N.O.M.A.|
|A Tale of 2 Citiez||2014||J. Cole||2014 Forest Hills Drive|
|Fire Squad||2014||J. Cole||J. Cole||2014 Forest Hills Drive|
|All Things Go||2014||Nicki Minaj||Boi-1da, Allen Ritter||The Pinkprint|
|Bish Bounce||2014||Fabolous||Boi-1da||The Young OG Project|
|Gone for the Winter||2014||Fabolous, Velous||DJ RellyRell||The Young OG Project|
|Planez||2015||Jeremih, J. Cole||Late Nights|
|Star67||2015||Drake||If You're Reading This It's Too Late|
|Paradise||2015||Jeremih||Soundz, Mick Schultz||Late Nights|
|Blessings||2015||Big Sean, Drake, Kanye West||Allen Ritter||Dark Sky Paradise|
|Know Yourself||2015||Drake||Boi-1da, Syksense||If You're Reading This It's Too Late|
|You And The 6||2015||Drake||Boi-1da, Illmind||If You're Reading This It's Too Late|
|I Don't Give A F*#k||2015||J Doe|
|You Changed Me||2015||Jamie Foxx, Chris Brown||Boi-1da, Allen Ritter, Jordan Evans||Hollywood: A Story of a Dozen Roses|
|On The Dot||2015||Jamie Foxx, Fabolous||Allen Ritter||Hollywood: A Story of a Dozen Roses|
|Another Dose||2015||Jamie Foxx||Boi-1da, Frank Dukes||Hollywood: A Story of a Dozen Roses|
|Like Me||2015||Lil Durk, Jeremih||Boi-1da, Allen Ritter||Remember My Name|
|RICO||2015||Meek Mill, Drake||Allen Ritter, Cubeatz||Dreams Worth More Than Money|
|Like Me (Remix)||2015||Lil Durk, Jeremih, Lil Wayne, Fetty Wap||Boi-1da, Allen Ritter||Remember My Name|
|Party Favors||2015||Tinashe, Young Thug||Boi-1da, Allen Ritter, Illangelo|
|Cut The Check||2015||Mac Miller, Chief Keef||GO:OD AM|
|Immortal||2015||Joe Budden||Boi-1da||All Love Lost|
|Back to Sleep||2015||Chris Brown||Boi-1da||Royalty|
|Black Friday||2015||Kendrick Lamar|
|Sex With Me||2016||Rihanna||Boi-1da, Frank Dukes||ANTI|
|U With Me?||2016||Drake||40, Kanye West, OZ, Ricci Riera, Axlfoile, DJ Dahi||Views|
|Pick Up The Phone||2016||Travis Scott, Young Thug, Quavo||Frank Dukes||Birds in the Trap Sing McKnight|
|4PM In Calabasas||2016||Drake||Frank Dukes, Allen Ritter|
|The Hooch||2016||Travis Scott||Allen Ritter, Boi-1da|
|The Ends||2016||Travis Scott, André 3000||WondaGurl, Daxz, OZ||Birds in the Trap Sing McKnight|
|Lose||2016||Travis Scott, Cassie||Frank Dukes, Allen Ritter, Mike Dean||Birds in the Trap Sing McKnight|
|Fake Love||2016||Drake||Frank Dukes||More Life|
|Planet God Damn||2016||Mac Miller Njomza||Frank Dukes||The Devine Feminine|
|Different Now||2016||Fetty Wap||Frank Dukes|
|Circles||2016||Pusha T Ty Dolla $ign Desiigner||Boi-1da, Allen Ritter||Def Jam Presents|
|Deja Vu||2016||Post Malone||Frank Dukes||Stoney|
|Deja Vu||2016||J. Cole||Boi-1da, Velous, J. Cole, Ron Gilmore||4 Your Eyez Only|
|Outlet||2017||Desiigner||SoundsByCT, Mike Dean|
|Make a Toast||2017||Belly||Boi-1da, Allen Ritter||Mumble Rap|
|GO||2017||Travis Scott & Quavo||Cu Beatz Allen Ritter||Huncho Jack, Jack Huncho|
|Dubai Shit||2017||Travis Scott & Quavo||Oz||Huncho Jack, Jack Huncho|
|Moon Rock||2017||Travis Scott & Quavo||Cu Beatz||Huncho Jack, Jack Huncho|
|Headlock||2017||Cousin Stizz Offset||Cu Beatz||One Night Only|
|Imitadora||2017||Romeo Santos||Allen Ritter Frank Dukes||Golden|
|Sin Filtro||2017||Romeo Santos||Boi-1da Illangelo Illmind||Golden|
|This Is It||2017||Jeezy||Pressure|
|Ain't Ready||2017||Rich The Kid Jay Critch Famous Dex||Boi-1da|
|Be Careful||2018||Cardi B||Boi-1da Frank Dukes||Invasion of Privacy|
|Win||2018||Jay Rock||Boi-1da Ct||Redemption|
|Over Me||2018||G-Eazy||Allen Ritter||The Vault|
|Heard About Us||2018||The Carters||Boi-1da Jahaan Sweet Illmind||Everything Is Love|
|Out For The Night Pt. 2||2018||21 Savage Travis Scott||Boi-1da||I Am I Was|
|Rodman||2019||Pardison Fontaine||Not There Yet|
|Nowhere To Run||2019||Ryan Trey Bryson Tiller||Boi-1da Jahaan Sweet Lee Major||TBA|
|No Guidance||2019||Chris Brown, Drake||J Louis Noah "40" Shebib Teddy Walton||Indigo|
|Gold Roses||2019||Rick Ross Drake||OZ Syksense The Rascals||Port Of Miami 2|
- Alexander Iadarola (October 30, 2014). "13 Things All Fruity Loops Producers Know To Be True". The Fader. Archived from the original on February 21, 2015. Retrieved February 7, 2015.
- Rys, Dan (July 11, 2013). "‘Magna Carta Holy Grail’ Behind The Scenes: Five Producers Who Helped Craft The Album" Archived July 14, 2014, at the Wayback Machine. XXL. Accessed on July 11, 2013.
- Kyles, Yohance (July 19, 2013). "Exclusive: Vinylz Talks Working With Jay-Z, Drake, Boi-1da and His New Obsession". AllHipHop. Archived from the original on September 19, 2016. Retrieved September 25, 2016.
- "Exclusive: Interview: Vinylz Details His Production on "Believe Me," "Chi-Raq," and Working on Diddy's Last Album". Complex. Archived from the original on May 15, 2014.
- "Behind The Beat: Vinylz". Archived from the original on September 19, 2016. Retrieved September 25, 2016.
- "Meet Vinylz, Rap's Secret-Biggest Producer". Archived from the original on September 19, 2016. Retrieved September 25, 2016.
- "DJ Khaled "No New Friends" Hits Gold". Rap Radar. Archived from the original on December 17, 2014.
- "Vinylz Discusses Producing For Lil Wayne, Drake Vs Jay Z, & "Chiraq" Diss Tracks". AllHipHop. Archived from the original on June 3, 2014.
- "vinylz – 2DOPEBOYZ". Archived from the original on May 1, 2016. Retrieved September 25, 2016.
- MENAFN. "Music Producer & Songwriter Robert Bullock, Stands Up For True Billing In Bringing Best Music Forward". menafn.com. Archived from the original on April 7, 2018. Retrieved May 10, 2018.
- "Interview: Meet The Producer Behind J.Cole's Controversial Track 'Fire Squad'". MTV News. Archived from the original on April 6, 2015.
- "Interview: Nicki Minaj's "All Things Go": Listen To 'The Pinkprint' Track". Archived from the original on December 8, 2014.
- "Star67". Archived from the original on March 11, 2016.
- "OCTOBER VERY OWN: VIEWS – CREDITS". blogspot. May 1, 2016. Archived from the original on May 4, 2016. Retrieved March 20, 2017.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- "4YEO Credits - Dreamville". dreamville.com. Archived from the original on November 17, 2017. Retrieved May 10, 2018.
- "Desiigner Put The Hand Of God On His "Outlet" Single". Vibe. Archived from the original on February 18, 2017. Retrieved February 17, 2017.