Location in Fulton County and the state of Arkansas
|• Total||1.3 sq mi (3.3 km2)|
|• Land||1.3 sq mi (3.3 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||856 ft (261 m)|
|• Density||259/sq mi (99.9/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0058806|
Viola is located in western Fulton County at  along U.S. Routes 62/412. The combined highways lead east 10 miles (16 km) to Salem, the county seat, and west 26 miles (42 km) to Mountain Home. Arkansas Highway 223 crosses US 62/412 in the center of Viola, leading north 8 miles (13 km) to the Missouri border and south 9 miles (14 km) to Bexar.,
As of the census of 2000, there were 381 people, 160 households, and 106 families residing in the town. The population density was 295.2 inhabitants per square mile (114.0/km²). There were 181 housing units at an average density of 140.2 per square mile (54.2/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 98.69% White, 0.26% Black or African American, and 1.05% from two or more races. 0.79% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
There were 160 households out of which 29.4% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 53.8% were married couples living together, 7.5% had a female householder with no husband present, and 33.8% were non-families. 31.9% of all households were made up of individuals and 18.8% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.38 and the average family size was 2.97.
In the town the population was spread out with 25.2% under the age of 18, 10.8% from 18 to 24, 22.0% from 25 to 44, 22.8% from 45 to 64, and 19.2% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 37 years. For every 100 females there were 77.2 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 78.1 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $26,667, and the median income for a family was $31,094. Males had a median income of $23,750 versus $21,875 for females. The per capita income for the town was $12,953. About 2.9% of families and 7.2% of the population were below the poverty line, including 4.0% of those under age 18 and 11.7% of those age 65 or over.
The Viola Public Library is one of the fourteen branch libraries of the White River Regional LIbrary system.
- Preacher Roe, former MLB pitcher
- Max Sherman, former Texas State Senator and former president of West Texas A&M University
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Census Summary File 1 (G001): Viola town, Arkansas". American Factfinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved April 20, 2016.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Annual Estimates of the Resident Population for Incorporated Places: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2015". Retrieved July 2, 2016.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.