From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up violin or violín in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A violin is a bowed string instrument with four strings tuned in perfect fifths.
Violin may also refer to:
- Violin (film), a 2011 Malayalam film
- Violin (novel), novel by Anne Rice
- The Violin (2005 film), a 2005 Mexican film
- Violin (album), album by violinist Vanessa-Mae
- "Violin", a children's song by They Might Be Giants on their album No!
- Violin family, family of string based instruments developed in sixteenth century Italy
- Violin octet, family of string based instruments developed in twentieth century United States of America
- Bass violin, various bass instruments of the violin family
- Baritone violin, violin variant either one octave below convention or the third largest member of the violin octet family
- Baroque violin, violin whose design is based in the baroque period
- Electric violin, electrical variant of the standard violin
- Five string violin, five string variant of the violin
- Kit violin, small violin designed to fit in a pocket
- Nail violin, instrument categorised as a friction idiophone
- Stroh violin, violin that uses metal resonators or metal horns to amplify sounds
- Tenor violin, instrument with a range between a cello and a viola
- Violin beetle, species of ground beetles
- Violin Island or Pulau Biola, island off the coast of Singapore
- Violin Memory, US manufacturer of flash memory arrays
- Violin plot, in mathematics a box plot that illustrates probability density function
- VIOLIN vaccine database
- Fiddle, colloquial term for the instrument
- List of compositions for violin and orchestra
- List of violinists
- All pages with titles containing Violin
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Violin.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.