|Full name||Viorel Iordăchescu|
20 April 1977 |
Kishinev, Moldavian SSR, Soviet Union
|FIDE rating||2583 (March 2014)
(No. 105 on the November 2011 FIDE ratings list)
|Peak rating||2651 (January 2012)|
He tied for 1st–6th with Reiner Odendahl, Erwin L'Ami, Daniel Stellwagen, Susanto Megaranto and Friso Nijboer at Vlissingen 2005. In 2009 he tied for 2nd–4th with Alexey Korotylev and Sergei Tiviakov at Moscow Open. In 2010, tied for 1st–8th with Sergey Volkov, Hrant Melkumyan, Eduardo Iturrizaga, Gadir Guseinov, David Arutinian, Aleksej Aleksandrov and Tornike Sanikidze in the 12th Dubai Open.
- Crowther, Mark (2011-09-21). "The Week in Chess: FIDE World Cup Khanty-Mansiysk 2011". London Chess Center. Retrieved 16 November 2011.
- "Tournament report October 2005: Hogeschool Zeeland Schaak". World Chess Federation. Retrieved 31 March 2011.
- "Moscow open 2009 A". World Chess Federation. Retrieved 20 March 2011.
- "Tournament report July 2010: 12th Dubai Open 2010". World Chess Federation. Retrieved 20 March 2011.
- Bartelski, Wojciech. "Men's Chess Olympiads: Viorel Iordăchescu". OlimpBase. Retrieved 20 March 2011.
|This biographical article relating to a Moldovan chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|