|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Industry||Automotive; building and infrastructure; defence; transport; railway; mining; power; oil and gas, consumer appliance testing|
|Headquarters||279 Normanby Road
Port Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Number of employees
|Over 100 (Aug 2013)|
Vipac Engineers & Scientists Limited is a multidisciplinary engineering firm with over 100 staff and eight Australian offices. Vipac is active in the automotive, building and infrastructure, consumer appliance, defence, mining, oil and gas, power, railway, transport industries.
Founded in 1973 by four engineers, the name ‘Vipac’ signifies the firm’s core competencies at the time; vibration (vi), pressure (p) and acoustics (ac). In 2013, Vipac celebrated 40 years of operation.
Timeline of notable projects
2014, Naro Assembly Hall, Druk Amitabha Monastery, Kathmandu, Nepal
2011 - 2013, Kellett School, Kowloon Bay Campus, Hong Kong
2008 - 2012, Changi Business Park, Singapore
2012, Ciputra World Theatre, Jakarta
2012, Hong Kong Maritime Museum
2008 - 2010, Saadiyat Island Park Hyatt Resort
2010, JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, world's tallest hotel
2010, Biopolis, Singapore
2005 - 2008, Burj Khalifa, Dubai, world's tallest building
2008, Dubai Pearl
2008, Bahrain City Centre
2008, Al Bustan Palace Hotel, Oman
2007, Karachi Financial Towers, Pakistan
2007, Central Park Jakarta, world’s eighth largest building
2007, Scotts Tower, Singapore
2007, Reflections at Keppel Bay, Singapore
2004 - 2007, Raffles Dubai
2006 - 2007, Jafza Convention Centre Dubai
2006, Jebel Ali Convention Centre Complex
2002, Suvarnabhumi Airport, Bangkok
1982 - 1983, Taman Mini Indonesia Indah, Asia's first IMAX Theatre
2015, Melbourne School of Design, Melbourne
2015, Melbourne Markets relocation, Melbourne
2011-2015, Elizabeth Quay, Perth
2013, Westpac's Victorian headquarters - 150 Collins Street, Melbourne
2012, Lilli Apartments
2010, Hamer Hall, Melbourne
2011, Waterfront City, Melbourne Docklands
2007 Westfield Penrith (formerly Penrith Plaza)
2005 - 2007, Harpa Apartments, Little Bay
2006 - 2011, Darwin City Waterfront
2010, Melbourne Cricket Ground
2010, Bourke Junction, Melbourne
2009 - 2010, Perth Arena
2009, Etihad Stadium now known as Docklands Stadium
2009, Centrepoint Tower Redevelopment, Sydney
2005 - 2008, Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre
2007 - 2008, One Shelley Street's Macquarie Group Building, Sydney
2005 - 2008, District Court Building, Perth
2005-2006 and 2008, Darwin Convention Centre
2006- 2007 Port Adelaide redevelopment, Marina Cove
2005, Southern Cross railway station, Melbourne
2000- 2003 Mondrian Apartments
2000, Alice Springs Convention Centre
2015 AI Global Media’s Best Engineering & Scientific Consultancy
2015 BUILD Magazine’s Award for Innovation in Industrial Engineering Solutions in Australia
2015 Urban Development Institute of Australia (UDIA) 2015 Excellence Award in High Density Development
2014 Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) Australasia 2014 Mobility Engineering Excellence Awards, Gold Award
2014 SNCF Innovation Award
2013 Excellence in Road Safety Engineering Award, IPWEA (Institute of Public Works Engineering Australasia), SA division
2011 Hong Kong Institute of Architects, Merit Award
2010 Green Mark for Building Award, Millenium Residence, Sukhumvit, Thailand
2009 Green Mark for Credit Suisse
2009 Urban Development Institute of Australia (UDIA), Environmental Excellence Award
2009 ACARP Research Excellence Award
2000 Australian Engineering Achievers Group Award
1999 National Engineering Excellence Award for Innovation (AusIndustry)
1999 Victorian Engineering Excellence Award, The Industrial Development Award (The Institution of Engineers, Australia)
1999 National Engineering Excellence Award for Excellence in Research & Development (AusIndustry)
1999 National Building & Construction Award, National Export Award- Material
1997 Society of Automotive Engineers, SAE-A Excellence Award
1992 Australian Acoustical Society, Excellence in Acoustics Award
- Gas Technology Services (GTS) Pty Ltd
- Autotest Products Pty Ltd
- "HOME - Vipac Engineers & Scientists". Vipac.com.au. Retrieved 2014-02-03.
- "The Hong Kong Green Building Council (HKGBC) 香港綠色建築議會 - HKIA CPD Supplier Series". HKGBC. 2012-05-08. Retrieved 2014-02-03.
- "Vipac - Free Seminar Invitation" (PDF). Aces.org.sg. Retrieved 2014-02-03.
- "Lilli Apartments". Australian Design Review. 2012-05-02. Retrieved 2014-02-03.
- "Westfield Penrith" (PDF). Ancr.com.au. Retrieved 2014-02-03.
- "Harpa Apartments, Little Bay - Architecture Gallery - Australian Institute of Architects, The Voice of Australian Architecture". Dynamic.architecture.com.au. Retrieved 2014-02-03.
- "Marina Cove" (PDF). Ancr.com. Retrieved 2014-02-03.
- "Mondrian Apartments - Architecture Gallery - Australian Institute of Architects, The Voice of Australian Architecture". Dynamic.architecture.com.au. Retrieved 2014-02-03.
- "Green Mark for Buildings Award" (PDF). Bca.gov.sg. Retrieved 20144-02-03. Check date values in:
- "The Award (BCA Green Mark)" (PDF). Bca.gov.sg. Retrieved 2014-02-03.