The Vipava in Vipava, flowing under the Tabor Bridge
|- location||Gradiček (in Slovenia)|
|- elevation||110 m (360 ft) |
|The Soča (in Italy)|
|35 m (115 ft) |
|Length||49 km (30 mi) |
|Basin size||760 km2 (290 sq mi)|
|- average||17.31 m3 (611 cu ft)|
|Progression||Soča→ Adriatic Sea|
The Vipava (in Slovene) or Vipacco (in Italian) or Wipbach / Wippach (in German) is a river that flows through western Slovenia and northeast Italy. The river is 49 kilometres (30 mi) in length, of which 45 km in Slovenia. After entering Italy it joins the Isonzo/Soča in the Municipality of Savogna d'Isonzo. This is a rare river with a delta source, formed by nine main springs. The Battle of the Frigidus was fought near the river, which was named Frigidus ('cold') by the Romans. It has the pluvial-nival regime in its upper course and the pluvial regime in its lower course.
- Rivers, longer than 25 km, and their catchment areas, Statistical Office of the Republic of Slovenia
- "Vipava" [Camis Project: Coherent Activities for the Management of the River Soča]. Projekt Camis - Usklajene aktivnosti za upravljanje reke Soče (in Slovenian and Italian). Soča Development Centre. Retrieved 8 February 2006.
- Omejc, Alenka (2009). Humar, Janko, ed. "The Emerald Trail". RDO Smaragdna pot. COBISS 579912.
- Brečko Grubar,, Valentina; Kovačič, Gregor (2010). "Pokrajinskoekološka oznaka jadranskega povodja v Sloveniji s poudarkom na kakovosti vodnih virov" [Landscape Ecological Characterization of the Adriatic Sea Basin in Slovenia with an Emphasis on Water Resource Quality]. Annales. Series historia et sociologia (in Slovenian). 20 (1): 153–168.
- Media related to Vipava (river) at Wikimedia Commons
- Condition of Vipava at Dolenje, Dornberk, Miren - graphs, in the following order, of water level, flow and temperature data for the past 30 days (taken in Dolenje, Dornberk and Miren by ARSO)
|This article related to a river in Italy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Friuli – Venezia Giulia location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a river in Slovenia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|