Vipul K Rawal
|Vipul K Rawal|
7 November 1968 |
Surendranagar, Gujarat, India
|Occupation||Scriptwriter, Script Consultant, Author|
|Spouse(s)||Sindhu V Rawal(1993-present)|
Vipul K Rawal (born 7 November) is an Indian script writer and a Story Consultant.
Born on 7 November in the former princely state of Wadhwan, He did his schooling in Vapi, Gujarat. It was during his college days in Madras, that the filmy bug really bit him. His college was situated in Kodambakkam, also known as the Hollywood of south. He started making round of studios and met a lot of aspiring actors and film makers. He even acted in numerous Tamil movies as a junior artist.
He joined the Indian Navy in May 1988 and after his basic training at INS Chilka he was posted on board the missile frigate INS Gomati (F21). He was a member of the IPKF operations in Sri-Lanka and was part of Operation Cactus (Maldives Operation). After a short service, he acquired a discharge from the navy to pursue a career in film writing.
To survive, he took up a job in the multinational Wipro Technologies where he first worked in Operations and then in HR. It was during his tenure in Wipro Technologies, when he was regularly contributing articles to newspapers and magazines  he managed to sell his first script IQBAL. IQBAL changed everything as he won a lot of critical acclaim and was considered hot property.
After Iqbal (film), Vipul signed a two movie deal with John Matthew Matthan of Sarfarosh Fame. The financial security allowed him to quit his job and pursue his passion full-time. HE wrote the serial Vicky Ki Taxi, an eposodic serial on the life and adventures of a Mumbai Taxi Driver, which was bankrolled by Turner Broadcasting Corporation. His film, where he has written the story, A New Love Ishtory starring Himesh Reshammiya, newcomer Niharika Singh and veteran actor Satish Shah is ready for release. The second film tentatively titled "BIJLEE" is under pre-production stage. Having a background of the Indian Armed Forces, most of Vipul's stories are based on the Military, Wars and espionage. The forthcoming BIJLEE, being directed by John Mathew Mathan of Sarfarosh fame too is a military adventure spanning 6 decades.Recently his film Iqbal (film) was nominated as one of the ten most motivational and inspirational Hindi films by the popular e-learning website www.biggyan.com. Audi Alteram Parten, the gut wrenching documentary written by him about the miscarriage of justice and the delay in implementation of Srikrishna Commission has been nominated in the Best Documentary and Audience Choice award at the Stuttgart Film Festival, Germany. Vipul regularly contributes articles for various newspapers, magazines and websites.
1. Sajish (Tentative Title) - A period drama set in the 60's, to be produced by John Abraham Entertainment. In the story, John Abraham (actor) plays a Naval Officer. The story is alledegly inspired by the infamous Kawas Nanawati Murder Case.
2. Ahaan - A Quirky coming of age story about a boy suffering from Down's Syndrome who is forced to live with an uncle who is suffering from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Adil Hussain, the popular actor plays the uncle while for the first time in the history of Indian Cinema, a boy with Down's Syndrome plays a lead role.
3. Cheers - A hilarious comedy about four people with different background and age working in a call center and trying to form a Trade Union. The film is being produced and directed by John Matthew Matthan of Sarfarosh fame.
Vipul Rawal is married to his childhood sweetheart and school mate Sindhu Nair. They have two Children Aahaan and Anuj. Vipul Rawal has a unique hobby of collecting old newspapers. He has a massive collection of newspapers some dating back to 1744. His collection of newspapers include editions from the day India achieved its independence, Mahatma Gandhi Assassination, Formation of the State of Israel and many more.
- Iqbal (film) - Story
- A New Love Ishtory - Story
- Bijlee (tentative title) - Story
- Audi Alteram Partam (Hear the other side) - Script and Screenplay
- Vicky Ki Taxi - Story, Screenplay, Dialogues
Apart from being a successful scriptwriter, Vipul is an entrepreneur with interests in e-commerce and recruitment consultancy. He is the proprietor of eBiz India, a recruitment consultancy specializing in Foreign Language Jobs.