Vipul K. Rawal
|Vipul K Rawal|
|Born||Surendranagar, Gujarat, India|
|Spouse(s)||Sindhu V Rawal(1993-present)|
Vipul K Rawal (born 7 November) is an Indian author. Rawal wrote the episodic television series Vicky Ki Taxi, which centered on the life and adventures of a Mumbai taxi driver, and that was funded by Turner Broadcasting Corporation. He wrote another film, A New Love Ishtory. Audi Alteram Parten, a documentary written by him about the miscarriage of justice and the delay in implementation of Srikrishna Commission has been nominated in the Best Documentary and Audience Choice award at the Stuttgart Film Festival, Germany. Rawal regularly contributes articles for various newspapers, magazines and websites.
He joined the Indian Navy in May 1988 and after his basic training at INS Chilka he was posted on board the missile frigate INS Gomati (F21). He was a member of the IPKF operations in Sri-Lanka and was part of Operation Cactus (Maldives Operation). After a short service, he acquired a discharge from the navy to pursue a career in film writing.
- Ahaan - A coming-of-age story about a boy suffering from Down's Syndrome who is forced to live with an uncle who is suffering from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Adil Hussain plays the uncle, and for the first time in Indian cinema, a boy with Down's Syndrome plays a lead role.
- A New Love Ishtory (2013) - Story
- Bijlee (tentative title) (2014) - Story
- Audi Alteram Partam (Hear the other side) - Script and Screenplay
- Rustom (2016) - Story, Screenplay, Dialogues
- Mumbai Varanasi Express (Short Film) (2016) - Story and Screenplay
- Vicky Ki Taxi (6 March 2009 – 19 June 2009) - Story, Screenplay, Dialogues
Rawal is an entrepreneur with interests in e-commerce and recruitment consultancy. He is the proprietor of eBiz India, a recruitment consultancy specializing in foreign language jobs.
- "Producer under fire for giving scriptwriter a fee as high as heroine's wardrobe budget". 12 September 2011.
- "Films on sports: Scriptwriters who took the road less travelled".
- "Boy with Down syndrome makes his debut in Bollywood - Times of India".
- "Film Ki Kahani Kaise Likhein - पटकथा लेखन - Script Writing - सिनेमा - Cinema - All Publications".
- "Check out how investing in rare and antique books, newspapers and magazines can give you high returns".