Vipul K. Rawal
||This article may be written from a fan's point of view, rather than a neutral point of view. (November 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Vipul K Rawal|
|Born||Surendranagar, Gujarat, India|
|Spouse(s)||Sindhu V Rawal(1993-present)|
Vipul K Rawal (born 7 November) is an Indian script writer, author and a story consultant.
He joined the Indian Navy in May 1988 and after his basic training at INS Chilka he was posted on board the missile frigate INS Gomati (F21). He was a member of the IPKF operations in Sri-Lanka and was part of Operation Cactus (Maldives Operation). After a short service, he acquired a discharge from the navy to pursue a career in film writing.
Rawal worked in the multinational company Wipro Technologies where he first worked in Operations and then in HR. It was during his tenure in Wipro Technologies, when he was regularly contributing articles to newspapers and magazines he managed to sell his first script, Iqbal.
After Iqbal, Rawal signed a two-movie deal with John Matthew Matthan, who wrote and directed Sarfarosh. Rawal wrote the episodic television series Vicky Ki Taxi, which centered on the life and adventures of a Mumbai taxi driver, and that was funded by Turner Broadcasting Corporation. He wrote another film, A New Love Ishtory. Having a background of the Indian Armed Forces, most of Rawal's stories are based on the military, wars and espionage. Audi Alteram Parten, a documentary written by him about the miscarriage of justice and the delay in implementation of Srikrishna Commission has been nominated in the Best Documentary and Audience Choice award at the Stuttgart Film Festival, Germany. Rawal regularly contributes articles for various newspapers, magazines and websites.
- Ahaan - A coming-of-age story about a boy suffering from Down's Syndrome who is forced to live with an uncle who is suffering from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Adil Hussain plays the uncle, and for the first time in Indian cinema, a boy with Down's Syndrome plays a lead role.
Rawal has a hobby of collecting old newspapers.[relevant? ] He has a collection of newspapers, some dating back to 1744. His collection include editions from the day India achieved its independence, Mahatma Gandhi's assassination, the formation of the state of Israel.
- Iqbal (film) (2005) - Story
- A New Love Ishtory (2013) - Story
- Bijlee (tentative title) (2014) - Story
- Audi Alteram Partam (Hear the other side) - Script and Screenplay
- Rustom (2016) - Story, Screenplay, Dialogues
- Mumbai Varanasi Express (Short Film) (2016) - Story and Screenplay
- Vicky Ki Taxi (6 March 2009 – 19 June 2009) - Story, Screenplay, Dialogues
Rawal is an entrepreneur with interests in e-commerce and recruitment consultancy. He is the proprietor of eBiz India, a recruitment consultancy specializing in foreign language jobs.