Veer Savarkar International Airport
|Veer Savarkar International Airport
वीर सावरकर हवाई अड्डा
|Operator||Airports Authority of India|
|Serves||Port Blair, Andaman and Nicobar Islands,
|Elevation AMSL||14 ft / 4 m|
Veer Savarkar International Airport also known as Port Blair Airport (IATA: IXZ, ICAO: VOPB), is a customs airport located 2 km (1.2 mi) south of Port Blair and is the main airport of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands of India. It is named after the Indian freedom fighter Vinayak Damodar Savarkar. It operates as a civil enclave, sharing airside facilities with INS Utkrosh of the Indian Navy. 
The airport has a single runway of 3,290 m (10,794 ft) in length, accommodating most narrow-body aircraft, that includes Airbus A320, Airbus A321, Boeing 737. Restricted Area Permits for the Andaman and Nicobar Islands are available on entry. Except for the civilian terminal operated by the Airports Authority of India, all other air traffic operations over Port Blair are undertaken by the Indian Navy. 
There is only one terminal with 2 gates and no aerobridges. Buses are used to provide transportation from the terminal to the aircraft parked on the apron. In 2009, construction work commenced to expand the apron.
A new terminal building is under construction and is scheduled for commissioning by March 2018. The AAI had initially projected a requirement of 26 acres of land for construction of the new terminal building. The local administration reduced it to almost 19 acres, 10.60 acres of which has been acquired from the Andaman & Nicobar Administration, 4.72 acres is from the Indian Navy, and the remaining 3.39 acres is yet to be acquired.
Airlines and destinations
|Air India||Chennai, Delhi, Kolkata, Visakhapatnam|
|Air India Regional||Bhubaneswar, Delhi
Charter: Car Nicobar
|SpiceJet||Chennai, Cochin, Delhi, Kolkata, Madurai|
|GoAir||Chennai, Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai|
|Jet Airways||Chennai, Delhi, Kolkata|
|Jal Hans||Diglipur, Havelock Island, Little Andaman|
- "TRAFFIC STATISTICS - DOMESTIC & INTERNATIONAL PASSENGERS" (jsp). Aai.aero. Retrieved 31 December 2014.
- List of busiest airports in India by passenger traffic
- "New Terminal Building at Port Blair Airport by March 2018". Press Information Bureau. 22 August 2013. Retrieved 6 January 2014.
- "Andaman & Nicobar Command: Saga of Synergy". Sainik Samachar. Retrieved 9 January 2012.
- Vir Savarkar Airport (official Airports Authority of India web site)
- Port Blair Airport - India Airport Global Website
- Airport information for VOPB at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.