Viral B. Shah
Viral B Shah is an Indian computer scientist, best known for being a co-creator of the Julia programming language. He is currently the CEO at Julia Computing, which he co-founded with Julia co-creators, Alan Edelman, Jeff Bezanson, Stefan Karpinski as well as Keno Fischer and Deepak Vinchhi.
Viral received his doctoral degree in computational sciences at the University of California, Santa Barbara. He was actively involved in Aadhaar project, which aims to provide a 12 digit unique-identity number issued to all Indian residents based on their biometric and demographic data. Based on his experiences implementing Aadhaar and other complex technology projects in Governance, he co-authored Rebooting India with Nandan Nilekani.
- Krill, Paul. "New Julia language seeks to be the C for scientists". InfoWorld.
- Finley, Klint. "Out in the Open: Man Creates One Programming Language to Rule Them All". Wired.
- Thomas, Maria (20 April 2017). "An Indian computer scientist helped build an alternative programming language in Bengaluru". Quartz.
- PK, Jayadevan (19 October 2016). "Julia is killing it in the programming world. Meet its co-creator from India". FactorDaily.
- "Julia Computing: About Us". Julia Computing. Retrieved 13 May 2017.
- Nilekani, Nandan; Shah, Viral (2015). Rebooting India: Realizing a Billion Aspirations. India: Penguin Group. p. 340. ISBN 9780670087891.