Virgil Township, Kane County, Illinois
Location in Kane County
Kane County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 6, 1849|
|• Total||35.02 sq mi (90.7 km2)|
|• Land||35.01 sq mi (90.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.01 sq mi (0.03 km2) 0.03%|
|Elevation||863 ft (263 m)|
|• Density||55.3/sq mi (21.4/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||60119, 60151|
|GNIS feature ID||0429876|
Virgil Township is one of sixteen townships in Kane County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 1,937 and it contained 766 housing units. The land is primarily used for agriculture.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.02 square miles (90.7 km2), of which 35.01 square miles (90.7 km2) (or 99.97%) is land and 0.01 square miles (0.026 km2) (or 0.03%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Meredith at
- Richardson at
The township contains these two cemeteries: Saints Peter and Paul's Catholic Cemetery and Thatcher Cemetery.
Airports and landing strips
- Aeroview Airport
- Miller/Maple Park Farm Airport
- Central Community Unit School District 301
- Kaneland Community Unit School District 302
- Sycamore Community Unit School District 427
- Illinois's 14th congressional district
- State House District 50
- State Senate District 25
- "Virgil Township, Kane County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-06-26.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Sycamore Township, DeKalb County||Burlington Township||Plato Township|
|Cortland Township, DeKalb County||Campton Township|
|Pierce Township, DeKalb County||Kaneville Township||Blackberry Township|