Virgin EMI Records
|Parent company||Universal Music Group|
|Founder||EMI Records (after Universal Music Group absorbed EMI)|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
Virgin EMI Records is a British record label owned by the Universal Music Group that was formed in 2013.
Virgin EMI Records was founded in March 2013 through the merger of Mercury Records UK and Virgin Records. It operates two distinct A&R and marketing streams—Virgin and EMI Records. Virgin EMI became one of Universal Music UK's front-line labels, alongside Polydor Records, Island Records, Decca Records, and a newly established Capitol Records UK. Mercury Records UK, which traditionally released International Island and Def Jam artists in the UK will now operate as an imprint under Virgin EMI along with Universal Island, which also released Republic Records artists in that country The new label will replace Mercury and Virgin as the releasing label in the UK, for Def Jam and Island US's international roster as well as Virgin Records America artists.
Virgin EMI's artists include Carrie Underwood, Taylor Swift, Florence and the Machine, Corinne Bailey Rae, Rihanna, Katy Perry, Iggy Azalea, Emeli Sande, The Chemical Brothers, Jamiroquai, Slaves, The Libertines, Arcade Fire, Jake Bugg, Lethal Bizzle, Fall Out Boy, Lorde, Chase & Status, Metallica, Avicii, Elton John, Chvrches, Paul McCartney, Martin Solveig, Bon Jovi, The Vamps, The Tide, Tom Jones, George Michael, The Stone Roses, Harvey Cantwell, Vic Mensa, Massive Attack, Avenged Sevenfold, Paul Simon, Krept and Konan, Katy B, Amy Macdonald, Duke Dumont, Kanye West, Four Of Diamonds and Sandro Cavazza. Furthermore, Mike Oldfield, whose Tubular Bells album launched the original Virgin Records, is also a Virgin EMI artist. Former Girls Aloud singer Nadine Coyle was announced to have joined the roster in 2017 and Westlife in 2018.
- "UMusic". Universal Music UK. Retrieved 11 October 2011.
- "Universal Music UK Announces Launch of Virgin EMI Records". Billboard. 18 March 2013. Retrieved 6 April 2013.
- "Universal launches Virgin EMI Records, Capitol UK coming next month". Music Week. 18 March 2013. Retrieved 6 April 2013.
- "Universal Music launches Virgin EMI Records". BBC News. 18 March 2013. Retrieved 6 April 2013.
- "Artists". Virgin EMI Records. Retrieved 21 June 2018.
- Anderton, Joe (24 July 2017). "Nadine Coyle has a new record deal and album on the way". Digital Spy. United Kingdom: Hearst Corporation. Retrieved 24 July 2017.
- "Westlife has signed multi million tour deal that will include huge Croke Park show". Ireland. 25 September 2018. Retrieved 24 September 2018.