Precision Cellular Storage
|Private (Limited liability)|
Reading, United Kingdom
|Dr. Hadi Abderrahim, Chair, Dr. Danny Ramadan, Professor. Alex Knuth|
|Products||Cord Blood Banking|
Precision Cellular Storage is a transport quality cord blood stem cell bank, with operations in Doha and the United Kingdom. The company was formerly named Virgin Health Bank until 2018, when it closed to new business and focused on the storage of existing customers' units.
Cord blood banking enables stem cells to be collected from the blood remaining in a baby’s umbilical cord and then cryo-preserved so that they can be used in therapies should the child or other matched recipients require them.
Virgin Health Bank was established to fulfil three key purposes:
- To provide families with access to transplant quality cord blood stem cell banking services.
- To provide families with access to honest and accurate information about cord blood banking, empowering them to make truly informed choices about storing their baby’s stem cells.
- To develop awareness and understanding of cord blood banking amongst both the general population and the medical communities.
The company operates in the United Kingdom and in the State of Qatar.
- Laurance, Jeremy (2 February 2007). "Branson moves into biotechnology with launch of Virgin stem cell storage bank". independent.co.uk. The Independent. Retrieved 2 November 2014.
- "Virgin Health Bank - UK". parentsguidecordblood.org/. Parent's Guie to Core Blood Foundation. Retrieved 2 November 2014.
- Doha News Team (22 August 2011). "Virgin Health Bank starts storing cord blood in Qatar". dohanews.co. Doha News. Retrieved 2 November 2014.