Virgin Islands at the 2004 Summer Olympics
|Virgin Islands at the|
2004 Summer Olympics
|NOC||Virgin Islands Olympic Committee|
|Competitors||6 in 4 sports|
|Flag bearer||LaVerne Jones|
|Summer Olympics appearances (overview)|
- Note–Ranks given for track events are within the athlete's heat only
- Q = Qualified for the next round
- q = Qualified for the next round as a fastest loser or, in field events, by position without achieving the qualifying target
- NR = National record
- N/A = Round not applicable for the event
- Bye = Athlete not required to compete in round
|Adrian Durant||100 m||10.52||6||Did not advance|
|LaVerne Jones||100 m||11.38||4 q||11.44||6||Did not advance|
|200 m||23.20||3 Q||23.09||6||Did not advance|
Virgin Islands sailors have qualified one boat for each of the following events.
|Athlete||Event||Race||Net points||Final rank|
M = Medal race; OCS = On course side of the starting line; DSQ = Disqualified; DNF = Did not finish; DNS= Did not start; RDG = Redress given
|Chris Rice||10 m air pistol||551||46||Did not advance|
|50 m pistol||529||41||Did not advance|
Virgin Islands swimmers earned qualifying standards in the following events (up to a maximum of 2 swimmers in each event at the A-standard time, and 1 at the B-standard time):
|George Gleason||100 m freestyle||51.69||44||Did not advance|
|100 m backstroke||57.64||37||Did not advance|
|Josh Laban||50 m freestyle||23.43||=43||Did not advance|
- "2004 Athens: Flag Bearers for the Opening Ceremony". Olympics. 13 August 2004. Retrieved 11 September 2013.
- "iaaf.org – Top Lists". IAAF. Retrieved June 4, 2011.
- "IAAF Games of the XXX Olympiad – Athens 2004 Entry Standards". IAAF. Retrieved 4 June 2011.