Virginia's 19th Senate district
State Senate District
|Current senator||David Suetterlein (R–Salem)|
Virginia's 19th Senate district is one of 40 districts in the Senate of Virginia. It has been represented by Republican Senator David Suetterlein since 2016, succeeding his retiring former boss Ralph K. Smith.
Recent election results
|Republican||David Suetterlein (incumbent)|
|Republican||Ralph K. Smith (incumbent)||28,065||56.3|
Federal and statewide results in District 19
All election results below took place prior to 2011 redistricting, and thus were under different district lines. In 2011, Ralph K. Smith, the incumbent from the 22nd district, was redistricted into the 19th district; meanwhile, then-19th district incumbent Bill Stanley was redistricted into the 20th district.
|Democratic||Henry Davis, Jr.||6,430||38.4|
|Republican||Charles R. Hawkins (incumbent)||23,622||100|
|Republican||Charles R. Hawkins (incumbent)||17,834||99.9|
|Republican||Charles R. Hawkins (incumbent)||27,350||70.8|
- "State Senate District 19, VA". Census Reporter. Retrieved 16 August 2019.
- "Registrant Counts by District Type" (PDF). Commonwealth of Virginia Department of Elections. June 2019.
- "District 19 Description". David R. Suetterlein. Retrieved 16 August 2019.
- David Jarman. "How do counties, House districts, and legislative districts all overlap?". Daily Kos. Retrieved 28 August 2019.
- "Virginia State Senate District 19". Ballotpedia. Retrieved 16 August 2019.
- "Elections Database". Virginia Board of Elections. Retrieved 16 August 2019.
- "Daily Kos Elections Statewide Results by LD". Daily Kos. Retrieved 16 August 2019.