Virginia Marie Lesser is an American biostatistician and environmental statistician known for her research on non-sampling error, survey methodology, and agricultural applications of statistics. She is a professor of statistics and chair of the statistics department at Oregon State University.
Education and career
Lesser completed her Ph.D. in biostatistics in 1992 at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Her dissertation, A Comparison of Periodic Survey Designs Employing Multi-Stage Sampling, was supervised by William D. Kalsbeek.
- Lesser, Virginia (Ginny), Oregon State University, retrieved 2018-10-28
- Virginia Lesser at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- Survey Research Center Staff, Oregon State University, retrieved 2018-10-28
- History of Department of Statistics, Oregon State University, retrieved 2018-10-28
- "Many Honored at Presidential Address, Awards Ceremony", AMSTATNews, October 1, 2010
- Individual members, International Statistical Institute, retrieved 2018-10-28