Virginia Township, Cass County, Illinois
Location in Cass County
Cass County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 6, 1923|
|• Total||35.78 sq mi (92.7 km2)|
|• Land||35.76 sq mi (92.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.02 sq mi (0.05 km2) 0.06%|
|Elevation||620 ft (189 m)|
|• Density||51.1/sq mi (19.7/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62611, 62691|
|GNIS feature ID||0429877|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.78 square miles (92.7 km2), of which 35.76 square miles (92.6 km2) (or 99.94%) is land and 0.02 square miles (0.052 km2) (or 0.06%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Virginia (vast majority)
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these nine cemeteries: Berry, Bethlehem, Clark, John Epler Taylor, Levi Springer, Robinson, Stephenson, William Nisbet and Zion.
- Dunaway Park
- Virginia Community Unit School District 64
- Illinois' 18th congressional district
- State House District 93
- State Senate District 47
- "Virginia Township, Cass County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-04.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Bluff Springs Township||Sangamon Valley Township||Panther Creek Township|
|Arenzville Township||Philadelphia Township|