Virginia V. Lyons
She was first elected to the Vermont State Senate in 2000 and continues in that office.
Lyons was born in Auburn, New York on September 24, 1944. She received an A.B. degree in zoology from Drew University in 1966, an M.S. in nutritional biochemistry from Rutgers University in 1968, and a doctorate of policy and administration from the University of Vermont.
She is married to Richard Lyons, MD and has two daughters.
Lyons moved to Williston, Vermont in 1974 and continues to reside there.
She has served as:
- Justice of the Peace for Williston.
- Williston Fence Viewer.
- Chittenden County Regional Planning Commission, alternate member.
- Chittenden County Regional Planning Commission, plan update committee.
- Chittenden County Regional Planning Commission, legislative and economic development committee.
- State Senator, elected in 2000 and reelected in 2002, 2004, and 2006.
|This article about a Vermont politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|