Virginia Western Community College
|Virginia Western Community College|
|Motto: The Community's College|
|President:||Robert H. Sandel|
Virginia Western Community College (VWCC) is a two-year public college located on a 70 acre campus in the Franklin-Colonial neighborhood of Roanoke, Virginia, United States. It is the third-largest college in the Virginia Community College System.
As of 2013, Virginia Western has over 12,000 students enrolled in the college and over half of these students are from Roanoke City or Roanoke County. Currently enrolled there are 54% female and 46% male. Most of the students are part time enrollment. Virginia Western Community College now has student sports teams such as basketball and soccer. The college also has many student clubs and recreations for students.
In the fall 2006 semester, VWCC's total headcount was 8,362 students, 57% female, 43% male. The racial makeup of the student body is 86% White, 9% Black or African American, and 5% from other races. For additional statistical information, please see the Fast Facts page at VWCC.
The tuition Rates and fees for the upcoming 2013 fall semester are $142.59 for Virginia residents per credit hour, $337.19 for non-Virginia per credit hour, and E-rate for non- Virginia students are $231.00 per credit hour. These rates also subject to change. The Financial Aid Office can also find information on grant and scholarships.
As of the fall 2009 semester, resident tuition is $103.09 per credit hour. Tuition for out-of-state students taking courses on-site is $285.19 per credit hour while out-of-state students taking courses on-line pay $199.80 per credit hour.
As of 2013, Virginia Western has 69 different specified programs that fall under the categories including: Associate of Arts, Associate of Applied Science, Associate of Science, Certificate, or Career Studies. Some of these degrees are used as a stepping stone to many of Virginia's four year universities.
Virginia Western Community College offers 23 associate degree programs.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (June 2011)|
The Roanoke Japanese Saturday School (ロノアーク補習授業校 Ronōaku Hoshū Jugyō Kō), a weekend Japanese educational program, was previously held at the Greenfield Education & Training Center. It was closed for an indeterminate period in April 2006, and in February 2009 it was closed permanently.
- Hanson, David. "Fast Facts." 3 Mar. 2006
- VWCC - Admissions: Tuition Costs
- Hanson, David. "Virginia Western Community College: Institutional Profile." Feb. 2007.
- "Greenfield Education & Training Center" (Archive). Virginia Western Community College. Retrieved on April 5, 2015. "Greenfield Center 57 South Center Drive Daleville, VA 24083" - Profile at the Commonwealth of Virginia website.
- "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP: Daleville CDP, VA" (Archive). U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on April 5, 2015.
- "Japanese Schools" (Archive). Japan-Virginia Society (JVS; 日本バージニア協会). June 4, 2008. Retrieved on April 5, 2015. Roanoke: "c/o Greenfield Education Center 57S Center Dr. Daleville, VA 24083" and "The school has been closed since April, 2006."
- ""600 Harpersville Rd. Newport News VA 23601"
- "Japanese Schools" (Archive). Japan-Virginia Society (JVS; 日本バージニア協会). Retrieved on April 5, 2015. Roanoke: "The school was closed on Feb.2009" Japanese version (Archive). "ロアノーク補習授業校 (Roanoke Japanese Saturday School) Information ２００９年２月に廃校"