||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Virginie Besson-Silla in 2016.
|Other names||Virginie Silla-Besson|
|Spouse(s)||Luc Besson (2004–present)|
Virginie Besson-Silla (born in 1972) is a Canadian film producer who has made a variety of different films including action films, romantic films, a comic adaptation, a biographical film, and an animation. She is married to French writer-producer-director Luc Besson.
Life and career
Virginie Silla was born in Ottawa, Canada as a daughter of a Senegalese diplomat and a French physiotherapist. She is the sister-in-law of Vincent Perez by her sister Karine Silla, who is an actress and was one-time partner of Gerard Depardieu.
- 2001: Yamakasi
- 2002: Peau d'Ange
- 2003: La Felicita, le bonheur ne coûte rien
- 2004: À ton image
- 2005: Au suivant !
- 2005: Revolver
- 2006: Love and Other Disasters
- 2007: The Secret
- 2010: From Paris with Love
- 2010: The Extraordinary Adventures of Adèle Blanc-Sec
- 2011: The Lady
- 2012: La mécanique du cœur
- 2013: The Dream Kids
- 2014: 3 Days to Kill
- 2014: Lucy
- 2017: Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets
- "Virginie Silla". Gala.
- Marshall, Andrew (17 December 2010). "I said, "I know a better producer [he nods at his wife Virginie Besson-Silla] and why don't I direct?"". Time Magazine. New York. Retrieved 5 February 2011.