|Born||1962 (age 58–59)|
Virginie Viard began her career as an assistant to costume designer Dominique Borg.
In 1987, she joined Chanel where she worked in embroidery. Thereafter, she followed Karl Lagerfeld to Chloe, before returning to Chanel where she became studio director of the fashion design studio. She was appointed artistic director of Chanel fashion house in Paris from 2019, following the death of Karl Lagerfeld.
Viard has four siblings: Arnaud, Françoise, Marianne and Benjamin. Arnaud (born 1965) is a screenwriter and actor.
- "Dans l'intimité de Virginie Viard, directrice de studio chez Chanel". grazia.fr. 2015-04-27.
- Layla Ilchi (March 4, 2019) — Fashion scoop (Cuillère de mode), published by WWD 2019, - accessed 2020-02-15, re-accessed (as source) 2020-02-17
- "Virginie Viard interview on Chanel - Crash magazine". crash.fr. 2015-06-11.
- Joanne Fu, editor (may 6 2019) — Chanel's Resort 2020, published by Vogue - accessed 2020-02-15
- "Décès de Karl Lagerfeld: Virginie Viard lui succède à la création des collections chez Chanel". lesoir.be. 2019-02-19.
- Lauren Alexis Fisher (may 3 2019) — chanel resort 2020 show, published by Harpers Bazaar 2020 - accessed 2020-02-15, sourced from Kristen Stewart, with Barry Samaha (february 12, 2020) — "Virginie is a punk rocker", published by Harpers Bazaar 2020 - accessed 2020-02-15
- "Cruise" - accessed 2020-02-15
- Héloïse Salessy (3 mai 2019) — Chanel transformed the Grand Palais into an incredible train station for its Cruise 2020 show, published by Condé Nast as Vogue France - accessed 2020-02-15 (source included because of contradiction @ Chanel_ready-to-wear_collection#Chanel_Ready-to-Wear_Spring_2020_Runway_Show)
- "Adieu à Bernadette Viard". bienpublic.com. 2013-06-14.
Cruise 2019/20 Show - Cruise 2019/20 - accessed 2020-02-15