|Operating system||RISC OS|
|Licence||Proprietary commercial software|
VirtualAcorn is developed by Graeme Barnes and Aaron Timbrell. It is a commercial version of the freeware emulator Red Squirrel, developed by Barnes. In 2004, supply of the software was moved to Timbrell's company 3QD Developments.
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows|
Windows XP running VirtualRPC, which is in turn running a Sinclair ZX Spectrum emulator
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows, macOS|
VirtualRPC is an emulator of Acorn Computers' Risc PC computer.
Initially VirtualRPC was only available bundled with the MicroDigital Alpha range of PC laptops, but was later made available as a standalone product for sale. In 2003, the developers reached an agreement with RISCOS Ltd to license its OS.
Initially VirtualRPC was included on the MicroDigital Alpha range of PC laptops, and it has also been shipped by Advantage Six on the A5 series and by R-Comp in their RISCube/SpaceCube/RiscBook range.
- OSNews - The Slightly Strange World of RISC OS
- Williams, Chris (22 September 2004). "VirtualRiscPC birthday price slash". Drobe. Retrieved 24 November 2011.
Back in May 2003, VirtualRiscPC first appeared in the MicroDigital Alpha range of PC laptops. The software, developed by Graeme Barnes of Red Squirrel fame [...]
- Williams, Chris (1 September 2004). "VirtualAcorn moves "further forward"". Drobe. Retrieved 24 November 2011.
As of today, the sales and technical support of VirtualAcorn software will be handled by 3QD, a web consultancy company managed by Aaron Timbrell. [...] Aaron told drobe.co.uk [...] "So it's still myself, with Graeme [Barnes] developing [...]"
- "Press releases from VirtualAcorn". VirtualAcorn. Retrieved 24 November 2011.
10th November 2001 - VirtualAcorn announced: VirtualAcorn is the new brand name for commercial versions of the Red Squirrel freeware Acorn emulator. VirtualAcorn is a joint effort between Graeme Barnes, the author of Red Squirrel, and Aaron Timbrell of 3QD, iSV Products and RISCWorld magazine. [...] 31/8/2004 - VirtualAcorn taken over by 3QD Developments Ltd: From the 1st of September 2004 VirtualAcorn products will be handled exclusively by 3QD Developments Ltd.
- Iconbar - Virtual Acorns?
- Drobe - VirtualRiscPC upgrades to Adjust
- Drobe - VirtualRiscPC freed from Alpha laptop?
- Iconbar - Virtual Acorn licences RISC OS 4
- Drobe - Virtual License
- Drobe - VirtualAcorn expand emulator range
- Advantage Six - Products
- RISCube Homepage
- http://www.drobe.co.uk/article.php?id=799 Drobe - Virtual License