Virtual Labs (India)
Virtual Labs is a project initiated by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, under the National Mission on Education through Information and Communication Technology. The project aims to provide remote-access to Laboratories in various disciplines of science and engineering for students at all levels from under-graduate to research.
It also intends to develop a complete Learning Management System where the students can avail the various tools for learning, including additional web-resources, video-lectures, animated demonstrations and self-evaluation. There is also a component wherein costly equipment and resources are shared, which are otherwise available to only a limited number of users due to constraints on time and geographical distances.
Seven IIT's (Delhi, Bombay, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras, Roorkee and Guwahati), IIIT Hyderabad, Amrita University, Dayalbagh University, NIT Karnataka, and College of Engineering, Pune, are the institutions participating in the project.
The Project intends to cover physical sciences, chemical science and various branches of engineering like electronics and communications, computer science and engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, biotechnology engineering and civil engineering.
- Amrita’s virtual labs are now freely accessible
- Virtual Labs Project Launched by MHRD under NMEICT
- Virtual laboratories to reach 500,000 students
- Virtual Labs in Engineering Education: Modeling Perceived Critical Mass of Potential Adopter Teachers
- Biotechnology Virtual Labs-Integrating Wet-lab Techniques and Theoretical Learning for Enhanced Learning at Universities
- Sakshat Labs: India's Virtual Proteomics Initiative
- "Mission Document of National Mission on Education Through ICT" (PDF). Government of India. Retrieved 3 March 2011.
- Callaghan, Harkin, Maguire (2007). "Paradigms in Remote Experimentation", International Journal of Online Engineering (iJOE), Vol 3, No 4 (2007)
- Home page of Labwork
- Home page of Virtual Labs project (Retrieved on 3 March 2011)
- Home page of NIT Karnataka Virtual Labs project
- Home page of Amrita University Virtual Labs project
- Home page of IIT Bombay Virtual Labs project
- Home page of IIT Delhi Virtual Labs project
- Home page of IIIT-H Virtual Labs Project
- Home page of IIT-Roorkee Virtual Labs Project
- Home page of College of Engineering Pune Virtual Labs Project
|This computing article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|