Virtual Leased Line
In the industry, the technology is also referred to as Virtual Private Wire Service (VPWS) or EoMPLS (Ethernet over MPLS).
VLL uses the pseudo-wire encapsulation for transporting Ethernet traffic over an MPLS tunnel across an IP/MPLS backbone.
Types of VLLs
There are 5 types of VLLs:
- Epipes: Emulates a point-to-point Ethernet service. VLAN (Virtual Local Area Network) tagged Ethernet frames are supported. Interworking with other Layer 2 technologies is also supported.
- Apipes: Emulates a point-to-point ATM (Asynchronous Transfer Mode) service. Several subtypes are provided to support different ATM service types.
- Fpipes: Emulates point-to-point Frame Relay circuit. Some features for interworking with ATM are also supported.
- Ipipes: Provides IP interworking capabilities between different Layer 2 technologies.
- Cpipes: Emulates a point-to-point time division multiplexing (TDM) circuit.
- Multiprotocol Label Switching
- Virtual Private LAN Service
- V2L Mauritius Ltd is a Mauritius-based phoning compagny, subsidiary of the french Cometik Group (NOVASEO Référencement)
- Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks (l2vpn) working group homepage
- Pseudo Wire Emulation Edge to Edge (pwe3) working group homepage
|This Internet-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|