From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Virtual Server)
||The present disambiguation page holds the title of a primary topic, and an article needs to be written about it. It is believed to qualify as a broad-concept article. It may be written directly at this page or drafted elsewhere and then moved over here. Related titles should be described in Virtual server, while unrelated titles should be moved to Virtual server (disambiguation).||
Virtual server may refer to:
- Virtual environment (container), a container-based environment where the underlying hardware and OS is unchanged, but the application is sandboxed into a context where it sees a controlled environment of the environment variables and a particular version of a programming language etc. It may also be used to prevent this application making persistent changes outside of this sandbox.
- Virtual machine, a virtual emulation of a physical computer
- Virtual private server, a method of server hosting using virtual machines
- Virtual hosting, a method that servers such as webservers use to host more than one domain name on the same computer.
- Virtual hosting service, a form of web hosting service where more than one instance of the same web server is hosted on a single physical server.
- Another name for port forwarding used by some routers.
- Microsoft Virtual Server, a virtualization product produced by Microsoft based on Connectix technology.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Virtual server.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.