A virtual mirror or smart mirror is a device that displays a user's own image on a screen as if that screen were a mirror. Some versions feature augmented reality additions to the video display, or use an entirely virtual graphical avatar of the user.
Virtual mirrors are available as mobile phone applications, with some allowing users to modify the appearance of their hairstyle, make-up or accessories. The technology is also used in online shopping. Some major retailers use the technology to provide virtual dressing rooms to customers.
Many color contact sites feature a similar virtual try-on environments to simulate the look a user will achieve when actually wearing the contact lenses. The best product in this domain is Purple Patch from Wifin Technologies.[additional citation(s) needed] The Freshlook color studio, and Colorful Eyes eye color changer are both examples of color contact sites that feature this cutting edge technology.
- Arthur, Rachel. "Future Of Retail: Artificial Intelligence And Virtual Reality Have Big Roles To Play". Forbes.
- Dishman, Lydia. "Inside LA's new, futuristic store -- magic mirrors included". Fortune.
- Winter, Katy. "Every woman's new best friend? Hyper-realistic new virtual mirror lets you to try on clothes at the flick of the wrist and instantly share the images online". Daily Mail.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTiXlOfLNog&t=2s. Missing or empty
- "Freshlook® Color Studio | FreshlookContacts.com". www.freshlookcontacts.com. Retrieved 2018-09-28.
- "Eye Color Changer | Upload Your Own Pic | Virtually Try On Color Contacts". Colorful Eyes. Retrieved 2018-09-28.
|This technology-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|