Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Allows host terminals on a multi-user network to interact with other hosts regardless of terminal type and characteristics,
- Allows remote log-on by local area network managers for the purpose of management,
- Allows users to access information from another host processor for transaction processing,
- Serves as a backup facility.
PuTTY is an example of a virtual terminal.
- Pseudo terminal for the software interface that provides access to virtual terminals
- Secure Shell
- Terminal emulator for an application program that provides access to virtual terminals
- Virtual console for an analogous concept that provides several local consoles