||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (July 2015)|
|Genre||Virtualization and Hosting Automation|
|Headquarters||Renton, Washington, USA|
|Serguei Beloussov, Chairman
Birger Steen, CEO
|Products||Parallels Desktop for Mac
|Revenue||US$ 100 million (2008) |
Number of employees
|1000+ (as of Feb. 2015) |
Parallels is a privately held virtualization technology company with offices in 15 countries, including the USA, Germany, UK, France, Japan, China, Russia, Australia and Ukraine. Parallels headquarters is in Renton, Washington. The company has more than 1000 employees as of 2015.
In March 2015, Parallels moved to two separate brands: its service provider team became Odin, while its cross-platform solutions team continues to use the name Parallels.
Parallels, Inc. was an SWsoft company until January 2008; each company operated as a separate entity and maintained its own distinct branding. In December 2007, Parallels parent company SWsoft announced its plans to change its name to Parallels and ship both companies' products under the Parallels name. The merger was formalized in January 2008. Parallels has development centers in Moscow and Novosibirsk.
- 2004 – SWsoft acquires Parallels, Inc.
- 2005 – Parallels, Inc. officially launches
- 2006 - Parallels announces itself as an official company
- April 6 – Parallels launches its first beta build of Parallels Desktop for Mac
- June 15 – Parallels officially launches Parallels Desktop for Mac
- July 18 – Parallels Desktop for Mac debuts in retail stores
- September - Parallels moves its corporate headquarters from Herndon, Virginia to Renton, Washington
- January - SWsoft merges into Parallels to become one company under the Parallels branding.
- January 11 - Parallels acquires ModernGigabyte, LLC.
- June 17 - Parallels officially launches the first version of Parallels Server for Mac
- September 1 - Parallels releases Parallels Desktop 4 for Windows and Linux
- November 11 - Parallels releases Parallels Desktop 4.0 for Mac
- May 11 - Parallels releases Parallels Server for Mac 4.0 Mac mini Edition
- May 18 - Parallels releases Parallels Transporter
- August 9 - Parallels releases Parallels Workstation 6 Extreme
- September 1 - Parallels releases Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac
- September 1 - Parallels releases Parallels Mobile for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
- November 8 - Parallels releases Parallels Workstation 6
- January 31 - Parallels launches Parallels Management—Mac for Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (1.0)
- August 27 - Parallels announces Parallels Access app for iPad
- August 27 - Parallels releases Parallels Management—Mac for Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2.0
- August 29 - Parallels announces upgrade availability for Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac.
- September 5 - Parallels announces full version availability for Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac.
- August 20 - Parallels announces full version availability for Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac.
- Comparison of platform virtualization software for a list of related virtualization software products
- Operating system-level virtualization
- Virtual appliance
- Virtual machine
- x86 virtualization
- Virtual disk image
- Worldwide Operations HQ at http://www.parallels.com/en/contact
- Parallels CEO Sees IPO in a Few Years, Not an Acquisition
- About Parallels
- InfoWorld Virtualization Report | David Marshall | InfoWorld | Parallels Announces Virtuozzo Containers 4.0 | January 29, 2008 08:03 PM | By David Marshall
- SWsoft to abandon itself and become Parallels | The Register
- SWsoft Parallels does Virtuozzo Containers 4.0 thing | The Register
- (Russian) One of the founders and vice-president of Parallels Stanislav Protasov: "For a programme development company, not using an ability to work on world market is a crime for its future" // Continent Siberia Business Newspaper, February 2012
- "Parallels Acquires 2X Software". www.parallels.com. Retrieved 2015-08-30.
- Parallels acknowledges SWsoft ownership
- SWsoft: :
- [dead link]
- [dead link]
- [dead link]
- [dead link]
- Parallels Technology Network announced
- Web Host Industry News | Parallels Acquires ModernGigabyte
- Parallels.com | Parallels Acquires ModernGigabyte
- Virtualization Report | David Marshall | InfoWorld | Parallels announces the first Mac server virtualization platform | June 18, 2008 08:14 AM | David Marshall
- "Desktop 4 for Windows and Linux Leverages Industry-Leading Mac Technology to Enable Widespread Adoption of PC Virtualization". Parallels. 2009-09-01. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- "Desktop 4.0 for Mac Offers Premium Windows-on-Mac Experience". Parallels. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- "Desktop 5 for Mac Offers Fastest Performance on Snow Leopard and for Windows 7 Available". Parallels. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- "Desktop 6 for Mac Delivers Unprecedented New and Enhanced Features for Best Windows on Mac Experience Yet". Parallels. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- "Server for Mac 4.0 Mac mini Edition Launch Lets Businesses Run Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows and Linux Environments Side-by-Side on an Apple Mac mini". Parallels. 2011-05-11. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- "Transporter Launches on the Mac App Store, Makes the Move from a PC to a Mac Easy". Parallels. 2011-05-18. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- "Workstation 6 Extreme makes the consolidated professional graphics workstation a reality through unmatched performance of direct assignment technology". Parallels. 2011-08-09. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- "Desktop 7 for Mac Makes Windows Programs Roar with Mac OS X Lion Features; New Parallels Mobile App Delivers OS X and Windows Control Plus Flash Videos with Sound". Parallels. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- "New Parallels Mobile App for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch Delivers Anytime Anywhere Control of Mac OS X, Windows, Ubuntu, Chrome, Fedora, Applications and Files on Your Mac". Parallels. 2011-09-01. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- "Workstation 6 Gives Web Designers and IT Professionals Seamless Capabilities for Running Multiple Operating Systems – Including Windows 8 – on a Single PC". Parallels. 2011-11-08. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- Brian Madden (2015-02-26). brianmadden.com http://www.brianmadden.com/blogs/brianmadden/archive/2015/02/26/parallels-buys-2x-software.aspx?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+brianmadden%2Frss+%28BrianMadden.com+-+Desktop+Virtualization%2C+Consumerization+of+IT%2C+and+Enterprise+Mobility+Management%29&utm_content=Google+International. Retrieved 2015-02-26. Missing or empty