|Traded as||NASDAQ: VRTU
S&P 600 Component
|Industry||Information Technology Services|
|Founded||1997- Massachusetts, United States|
|Headquarters||Westborough, Massachusetts, United States|
|United States, United Kingdom, Germany, the Netherlands, Hungary, India, Singapore and Sri Lanka|
|Services||Consulting, Business Consulting, Application Development, Product Development, Legacy Asset Management|
|Revenue||$ $479.9 million (FY15)|
|$ 34.4 million (FY15)|
Number of employees
|18,500 (2017) |
Virtusa Corporation (NASDAQ: VRTU) is a global information technology services company founded in 1996 with its headquarters in Westborough, Massachusetts, United States. The company provides IT Consulting, Business Consulting, Systems Implementation and Application Outsourcing services to large enterprises and software vendors.
The company, founded in 1996, has delivery centers in the United States, the United Kingdom, Singapore, Germany, Malaysia, the Netherlands, India, and Sri Lanka.
- In 2009, acquired InSource, a technology consulting company which specialized in Insurance and Healthcare industries. InSource[ is based in Hartford, Connecticut, US.
- In 2010, Virtusa acquired ConVista Consulting, LLC, a U.S.based, privately held, market leader in finance transformation, specifically focusing on high volume collection, disbursement, claims and billing systems in BFSI. In the following year,
- In 2011, Virtusa acquired ALaS Consulting LLC, a Financial Services Consulting Firm.
- In November 2013, Virtusa acquired OSB Consulting LLC, a New Jersey-based consulting firm specializing in the financial services and insurance domains, including SAP finance capabilities.
- At the start of 2014, Virtusa announced that it has acquired all the outstanding shares of TradeTech Consulting Scandinavia AB and its subsidiaries. TradeTech, headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, is a consulting and IT services provider specializing in treasury and asset management for major financial institutions in the Nordic countries.
- In 2015, Virtusa acquired all the outstanding shares of Apparatus, Inc., an IT infrastructure services provider headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- In November 2015, Virtusa acquired a 53% stake in Polaris Consulting & Services Limited, India, an Indian provider of IT solutions primarily to banking and financial services. Virtusa paid $270 million for the firm, which will see more than 7,500 employees join its global undertakings.
On 31 December 2014, Virtusa had 112 clients across the world, with 9023 employees.
Locations: Virtusa has a global presence with offices throughout US, Europe and Asia and advanced development centers in the United States, Europe and Asia.
The company has a community support program that focuses on education and uses its IT competencies for meeting the needs of the community.
- A team from Virtusa designed and developed a school management system, AKURA, to assist schools with an effective mechanism to manage daily activities involved in running a school. The school management system allows easy and centralised access to student information such as their schedule, report cards, attendance, grades, extracurricular activities, etc., as well as teacher information such as experience, schedules, etc. Through the system teachers and parents can collaboratively view students’ progress. The system has been adopted by schools and universities from across different countries and downloaded more than 6,000 times.
- Virtusa facilitated setting up IT laboratories for fifty schools in the Uva province of Sri Lanka. The program was carried out in partnership with a local university in Sri Lanka.
- Earlier, in 2010, the company leveraged its technology/QA expertise to support the One laptop per child (OLPC) program
- In the wake of tsunami in 2004, its employees actively participated in the development of Sahana, an open source based disaster management.
- United States - Westborough, Massachusetts (Corporate Headquarters), Indianapolis, IN, New York, New York, Windsor, Connecticut
- United Kingdom - London
- Germany - Munich
- Austria - Austria
- Switzerland - Zurich
- The Netherlands - Amsterdam, The Hague
- Sweden - Stockholm, Gothenburg
- Hungary - Budapest
- India - Hyderabad, Chennai, Bangalore, Mumbai, Pune
- Sri Lanka - Colombo
- Singapore - Singapore
- Malaysia - Kuala Lumpur
- Philippines - Taguig City
- "VirtusaPolaris in tune to achieve target of synergy revenue of $100 mn".
- "Virtusa Acquires InSource".
- Marino, Jonathan. http://www.themiddlemarket.com/news/virtusa-completes-convista-buy-202700-1.html. Missing or empty
- http://www.themiddlemarket.com/news/virtusa-completes-convista-buy-202700-1.html. Missing or empty
- https://finance.yahoo.com/news/virtusa-expands-infrastructure-management-services-202900207.html. Missing or empty
- http://www.consultancy.uk/news/2886/it-giant-virtusa-buys-polaris-consulting-and-services. Missing or empty
- "Investor Sheet". Integrated Corporate Relations (ICR). Retrieved 16 Apr 2015.
- "Worldwide Locations". Virtusa.com. Retrieved 16 Apr 2015.
- http://www.sundaytimes.lk/120603/BusinessTimes/bt16.html. Missing or empty
- https://finance.yahoo.com/news/virtusa-wins-2012-witsa-global-140000339.html. Missing or empty
- "Virtusa supports 50 rural schools – Press Releases on". The Sunday Times. 2010-07-29.
- "Virtusa supports One Laptop per Child Program – Press Releases on". Csrwire.com.