Visa policy of Angola
|This article is part of a series on the|
politics and government of
A tourist visa must be used within 60 days from the issue date and is valid for 30 days, a period that can be extended once for an additional period of 30 days. Passports must have a validity of 9 months and at least 2 blank pages. Transit without visa is allowed for passengers continuing their trip to a third country by the same or first departing plane if they do not leave the airport.
In the future, Angola is expected to participate in the KAZA UniVisa programme, which if delivered as planned will allow holders of the KAZA visa to travel freely between Angola, Botswana, Namibia, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
Visa policy map
|Date of visa changes|
Diplomatic and official passports
Holders of diplomatic or official passports of the following countries can also visit Angola without a visa:
Visa waiver agreements for diplomatic and service passports were signed with Congo, Hungary, Ghana and Qatar and for diplomatic passports with Morocco and they are yet to come into force.
Online pre-visa/Visa on arrival
Since 30 March 2018, Angola began issuing tourist visas valid for 30 days in a simplified procedure to visitors from 59 countries. Visitors must first apply for a pre-visa online with the Migration and Foreigners Service. After the pre-visa is granted, they can then obtain a visa on arrival at the following designated ports of entry. Visa fee is US$120. In order to obtain a pre-visa, applicants must submit proof of accommodation and subsistence means, a return ticket and the International Certificate of Vaccination.
List of ports:
- Quatro de Fevereiro Airport (Luanda)
- Lubango Airport
- Massabi (Republic of the Congo border)
- Luau (Democratic Republic of the Congo border)
- Curoca (Namibia border)
Nationals of the following 59 countries are eligible:
Passengers with a confirmed onward ticket for a flight to a third country within 24 hours. They must stay in the international transit area of the airport and have the documents required for their next destination.
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Angola.|
- Tourism Visa
- Kaza UniVisa to include Angola, Botswana and Namibia
- Angola seeks Univisa
- "Country information (visa section)". Timatic. International Air Transport Association (IATA) through Olympic Air. Retrieved 1 April 2017.
- Visa-free travel for Angola, Zambia citizens begins
- Under visa exemption agreement on 3 February 2014; from 10 October 2015 
- "Angola: Defense Minister Back Home From Congo Brazzaville". Angola Press Agency (Luanda). 2017-06-16. Retrieved 2017-07-21.
- Igrouane, Youssef (2017-06-20). "Morocco and Angola Abolish Diplomatic Visa Requirements". Morocco World News. Retrieved 2017-07-21.
- Visa waiver for Cabo Verde from 1 July 2018
- SME e-Visa
- Angola: Migration Service to Speed Up Visa Exemption Procedure
- Africa: Angola Offers Visa On Arrival to Nationals From 61 Countries
- Anuário de Estatística do Turismo 2014
- Anuário de Estatística do Turismo 2015