Visa policy of Armenia
Armenia allows citizens of specific countries and territories to visit Armenia for tourism or business purposes without having to obtain a visa or allows them to obtain a visa on arrival or online. For some countries the visa requirement waiver is practiced on ad hoc basis, and is not formalized by a bilateral agreement.
Visa policy map
In addition, a visa is not required for holders of passports for public affairs issued by China.
The amendment in the form of the diplomatic note on modification of the current agreement on visa-free travel between Russia and Armenia is under preparation. After it enters into force, citizens of Russia will be able to travel to Armenia using only the internal passport of the citizen of Russia.
Holders of diplomatic or official/service passports of China, Egypt, Iran, Kuwait, Lebanon, Mexico, Philippines, Serbia, Singapore, Syria, South Korea, Turkmenistan, Vietnam and holders of diplomatic passports of India and the United Arab Emirates do not require a visa to visit Armenia.
Visa on arrival
Visitors traveling as tourists (except from the countries listed below) can obtain a visa on arrival for a maximum stay of 120 days at a cost of AMD 15,000. They may also apply for an e-visa in advance.
Visa on arrival can be granted at following immigration checkpoints:
- International airports and railway station:
- Land checkpoints:
Nationals of the following countries cannot obtain a visa on arrival, and can only apply for a visa at Armenian diplomatic or consular posts, and only with an invitation:
Nationals of the following countries also cannot obtain a visa on arrival, and can only apply for a visa at Armenian diplomatic or consular posts, and only with an invitation, except for tourist visas:
Foreign visitors who are eligible for visa on arrival are also eligible to apply for an e-visa. E-visa allows applicants to stay up to 120 days or 21 days with a US$31 or US$6 fee.
- List of countries whose nationals are unilaterally exempted from the requirement of obtaining a visa, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Armenia, 26 November 2015.
- List of countries with which Armenia has a visa-free regime according to bilateral and multilateral agreements, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Armenia, 26 November 2015.
- Serbia and Armenia bound by long-standing friendship
- e-Visa Eligibility, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Armenia.
- "Visa Information". Timatic. IATA. Retrieved 13 December 2015.
- List of countries whose nationals can apply for visitor visa only at diplomatic representations or consular posts, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Armenia, 31 August 2015.
- "亚美尼亚政府对持普通护照的中国公民实行电子签和落地签政策". 中国领事服务网.