Visa policy of Armenia
|This article is part of a series on the|
politics and government of
Armenia allows citizens of specific countries and territories to visit Armenia for tourism or business purposes without having to obtain a visa or allows them to obtain a visa on arrival or online. For some countries the visa requirement waiver is practiced on ad hoc basis, and is not formalized by a bilateral agreement. Citizens of the Commonwealth of Independent States and citizens of all Eurasian Union and European Union member states may enter Armenia without a visa.
Visa policy map
In addition, a visa is not required for holders of passports for public affairs issued by China.
Holders of passports of Artsakh (Nagorno-Karabakh Republic) can visit Armenia without a visa.
Holders of diplomatic or official/service passports of China, Egypt, Kuwait, Lebanon, Mexico, Philippines, Serbia, Singapore, Syria, Vietnam and holders of diplomatic passports of Bosnia and Herzegovina, India, Jordan do not require a visa to visit Armenia.
Visa on arrival
Visitors traveling as tourists (except from the countries listed below) can obtain a visa on arrival for a maximum stay of 120 days at a cost of AMD 15,000. They may also apply for an e-visa in advance.
Visa on arrival can be granted at following immigration checkpoints:
- International airports and railway station:
- Land checkpoints:
Nationals of the following countries cannot obtain a visa on arrival, and can only apply for a visa at Armenian diplomatic or consular posts, and only with an invitation:
Foreign visitors who are eligible for visa on arrival are also eligible to apply for an e-visa. E-visa allows applicants to stay up to 120 days or 21 days with a US$31 or US$6 fee.
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Armenia.|
- Foreign relations of Armenia
- Visa requirements for Armenian citizens
- Visa policy of Artsakh
- Armenian passport
- May enter using an internal passport.
- List of countries whose nationals are unilaterally exempted from the requirement of obtaining a visa, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Armenia, 26 November 2015.
- List of countries with which Armenia has a visa-free regime according to bilateral and multilateral agreements, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Armenia, 26 November 2015.
- Armenia acting FM, Chile ambassador discuss bilateral agenda
- e-Visa Eligibility, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Armenia.
- "Country information (visa section)". Timatic. International Air Transport Association (IATA) through Olympic Air. Retrieved 1 April 2017.
- List of countries whose nationals can apply for visitor visa only at diplomatic representations or consular posts, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Armenia, 31 August 2015.