Visa policy of Ecuador
|This article is part of a series on the|
politics and government of
Most visitors to Ecuador can enter the country without a visa. However, some visitors of certain countries must first obtain a visa in advance before being allowed to enter the country. Visitors may stay up to 90 days, except citizens of Peru, who are allowed a maximum stay of 180 days, and citizens of China who are allowed to stay for 90 days per calendar year. All visitors must hold a passport valid for 6 months, except for citizens of Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Paraguay, Peru and Uruguay. Citizens of those countries can also enter Ecuador with ID card.
Visa policy map
1 - A visa is not required if holding an approval code.
2 - Visa-free policy ended 25 August 2019. Expired passports or other ID documentation accepted. Due to the crisis in Venezuela, the government is offering citizens special visas (including humanitarian and temporary permits) to enter the country.
All visitors to Galápagos Islands must obtain a Transit Control Card at the airport for a fee. Visitors may pre-register for the Transit Control Card online, to save some time, but they will still be required to complete the process at the airport.
Most visitors arriving to Ecuador were nationals of the following countries:
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Ecuador.|
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Galapagos Islands.|
- "Country information (visa section)". Timatic. International Air Transport Association (IATA) through Olympic Air. Retrieved 1 April 2017.
- "Ecuador exige visa a los ciudadanos de 11 países – Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores y Movilidad Humana". www.cancilleria.gob.ec. Retrieved 2019-08-12.
- Foundation, Thomson Reuters. "Ecuador to impose visa requirements on Cuban citizens". trust.org.
- "- The Washington Post" – via www.washingtonpost.com.
- "Ecuador solicitará visa de turista a los cubanos desde el 1 de diciembre". cnn.com. 26 November 2015.
- "Ecuador imposes visa regulations on N. Koreans ⋆ Epeak World News". epeak.in. 30 March 2017.
- "Pre-registro TCT". Archived from the original on 2015-02-21. Retrieved 2017-07-17.
- "What is the Galapagos National Park entry fee used for?". www.galapagosislands.com. Retrieved 2019-08-23.
- "Estadisticas Turismo Ecuador Entradas Salidas Ecuador- Optur". optur.org.