Visa policy of Kazakhstan
Visa policy map
Visa free entry
1 – up to 90 days within 180 day period
2 – up to 30 days
3 – up to 30 days, for a maximum total stay of 60 days within any 180 day period
4 – up to 30 days within 180 day period
5 – up to 30 days within year period
6 – up to 14 days
|Date of visa abolition|
Armenian, Azerbaijani, Belarusian, Georgian, Kyrgyzstani, Moldovan, Russian, Tajik, Ukrainian and Uzbekistani citizens have never needed a visa to gain access to Kazakhstan.
Citizens of the following countries do not require a visa for stays of fewer than 30 days as part of a visa-free policy for countries with the large foreign direct investment in Kazakhstan's economy. The program was initially started on 15 July 2014 providing unilateral visa free access to 10 countries and in July 2015 it was further extended to a total of 19 countries and then to 43 in January 2017. These countries are:
Nationals of the following countries who hold valid tourist visas of Kyrgyzstan are able to visit the border districts of Almaty and Jambul regions of Kazakhstan within the validity of such visa: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Croatia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Poland, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom and the United States.
Only holders of diplomatic passports of Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates and Vatican City and only holders of both diplomatic and service/official passports of Bulgaria, Chile, Croatia, Cyprus, Israel, Macedonia, Mexico, Montenegro, Romania and Slovakia can visit Kazakhstan without a visa for up to 90 days. Only holders of diplomatic passports of Egypt, Poland and Qatar and only holders of both diplomatic and service/official passports of Bosnia and Herzegovina, China, Cuba, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Japan, Jordan, Pakistan, Philippines, Turkmenistan and Vietnam can visit Kazakhstan without a visa for up to 30 days.
Visa-free agreement for diplomatic passports was signed with Belgium, Luxemburg, Netherlands and for diplomatic and service/official passports with Sri Lanka. Visa waiver protocol for official and special passports was signed with United Arab Emirates and it is yet to come into force.
Pre-arranged visa on arrival
Pre-arranged visa for a stay of up to 1 month can be obtained on arrival for nationals arriving from a country without a Kazakh diplomatic mission. The fee is approximately US$80, and they must hold an invitation letter and obtain an approval from the Kazakh Ministry of Foreign Affairs. They must enter via one of the following ports of entry:
- Aktau Airport
- Almaty International Airport
- Astana International Airport
- Atyrau Airport
- Oral Ak Zhol Airport
Most visitors arriving to Kazakhstan were from the following countries of nationality:
- "Visa Information – Kazakhstan". Timatic. International Air Transport Association (IATA). Retrieved 1 April 2017.
- Visa regime of the Republic of Kazakhstan with other countries, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Kazakhstan, 14 September 2016. (Russian)
- О ратификации Соглашения между Правительством Республики Казахстан и Правительством Туркменистана о взаимных поездках граждан
- About introduction of a visa (allowing) order of entrance of citizens of the Latvian, Estonian and Lithuanian Republics on the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Government of the Republic of Hungrary about the order of mutual visa-free trips of citizens with diplomatic and service passports. See Article 7.3 (in Russian)
- Kazakhstan, Cuba sign the agreement on visa-free trips
- The citizens of 83 countries to visit Kazakhstan without visas since 2017
- New rules for Kazakhstan entry visas issuance to come into force on January 1, 2017
- Infographics Countries with 30 days visa-free regime on 1 January 2017
- About introduction of amendments to the resolution of the government of the Republic of Kazakhstan of January 21, 2012 No. 148 "About the approval of Rules of entrance and stay of immigrants in the Republic of Kazakhstan..."
- Туризм Казахстана. 2.4 Количество посетителей по въездному туризму