Visa policy of Kyrgyzstan
Visitors to Kyrgyzstan must obtain a visa from one of the Kyrgyzstan diplomatic missions unless they come from one of the visa-exempt countries or countries whose citizens are eligible for a visa upon arrival. Despite proposals to abolish the visa-free regime, the Prime Minister of Kyrgyzstan vowed to retain the current policy in December 2015.
Kyrgyzstan currently gives visa exemption to citizens of 61 nations.
Visa policy map
Holders of passports issued by the following 62 nations are not required to obtain a visa for Kyrgyzstan up to the length of stay mentioned below:
1 – provided being permanent residents of country of nationality.
|Date of visa changes|
Visa on arrival
2 – except Cyprus, Bulgaria and Romania
Nationals of the following countries who hold valid tourist visas of Kazakhstan are able to visit the border districts of Issyk-Kul, Talas and Chui regions of Kyrgyzstan within the validity of such visa: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Poland, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom and the United States.
From 1 September 2017 citizens of all countries and territories may apply for tourism, business and group tourist types of visa for 30 or 90 days online through the eVisa system. Electronic visa holders must arrive via Manas or Osh airports or through land crossings with China (at Irkeshtam and Torugart), Kazakhstan (at Ak-jol, Ak-Tilek, Chaldybar, Chon-Kapka), Tajikistan (at Bor-Dobo, Kulundu, Kyzyl-Bel) and Uzbekistan (at Dostuk).
Most visitors arriving to Kyrgyzstan were from the following countries of nationality:
Transit visa in Russia
A transit visa is needed when travelling to or from Kyrgyzstan and changing plane in Russia. Airports in Kyrgyzstan have flights to a few countries only. The most frequent international connections are with Russia.
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Kyrgyzstan.|
- "Country information (visa section)". Timatic. International Air Transport Association (IATA) through Olympic Air. Retrieved 1 April 2017.
- Visa Requirement, Consular Department of Ministry of Foreign Affairs[dead link]
- Temir Sariev: Kyrgyzstan will not cancel previously introduced visa-free regime with 66 countries
- Визовые и безвизовые режимы. Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Kyrgyzstan Republic
- At applied in international law the principle of "silent consent" on the continued application of international obligations up to the signing of and accession to new international instruments
- Resolution of the Government on 4 June 2001 No.262 (in Russian)
- "Закон КР от 19 июля 2013 года № 153 "О внесении дополнения в Закон Кыргызской Республики "О введении безвизового режима для граждан некоторых государств сроком до 60 дней"". cbd.minjust.gov.kg. Retrieved 11 April 2018. line feed character in
|title=at position 90 (help)
- Resolution of the Government of Kyrgyzstanc Republic on 21 July 2012 No. 121 (in Russian)
- Was applied under Agreement between USSR and Hungary on 24 Nov 1978
- "Визовая информация /Visa Information – Кыргызская Республика". kyrgyzembassy.ru. Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- Sputnik. "С 1 сентября иностранцы смогут оформлять электронную визу в КР". ru.sputnik.kg. Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- "e-VISA". evisa.e-gov.kg. Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- Туризм в Кыргызстане
- "Transit Visas". Embassy of the Russian Federation, The Netherlands. Retrieved 30 March 2018.