Visa policy of Liberia
|This article is part of a series on the|
politics and government of
Visa policy map
Citizens of the following 15 countries can visit Liberia without a visa:
|Date of visa changes|
Visa on arrival
Taiwan passport holders may obtain a visa on arrival but need to submit their applications via e-mail prior to arrival.
The VoA facility to visitors who may not be able to obtain visa at the Liberia's Missions or Embassies in countries of residence due to the absence of a Liberian mission or there is a urgency in meeting a business or work obligation in Liberia. Also a visa may be issued if necessary to travellers starting their journey from a country that has no diplomatic representation of Liberia on condition that the transporting carrier sends a telex message the station manager in Monrovia. If the confirmation is received from the station manager and the copy of the telex confirmation is attached to the ticket, a traveller may board.
A broader visa on arrival for tourists was announced in January 2019.
Liberia plans to introduce eVisas from 2019.
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Liberia.|
- "Liberia". Liberian Consulate - New York City.
- "Country information (visa section)". Timatic. International Air Transport Association (IATA) through Olympic Air. Retrieved 1 April 2017.
- "Treaty Establishing the Economic Community of West African States - Protocol A/P1/5/79 on Free Movement of Persons, Right of Residence and Establishment". investmentpolicyhub.unctad.org.
- Countries under Visa Waiver Agreements
- "Liberia-South Africa Governments Sign Visa Waiver for Officials". www.mofa.gov.lr.
- "Liberia Signs MOU with the United Arab Emirates for Visa Waiver; Liberia and UAE's Diplomats to Benefit". www.mofa.gov.lr.
- "Visa & Passes – Liberia Immigration Service".
- "Guide for Tourist Visas in Liberia". visados.com.
- Dopoe, Robin (31 January 2019). "President Weah Outlines Priorities for Tourism Sector".
- Action-Visas. "Liberia: Un e-Visa pour aider le développement touristique du pays". TourMaG.com, 1er journal des professionnels du tourisme francophone.