Visa policy of Micronesia
|This article is part of a series on the|
politics and government of
the Federated States of Micronesia
All visitors arriving in the Federated States of Micronesia must have a valid passport or other travel document issued by the government of the country of citizenship or nationality. The document must be valid for at least 120 days beyond the date of entry. Exception to this rule are the citizens and nationals of the Federated States of Micronesia, Republic of Palau, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, or the United States who may also prove citizenship or nationality by birth certificate or entry permit. Their nationals are also issued an entry permit valid for up to a year. Other nationalities are allowed stay of 30 days that may be extended up to 60 days. Departure Tax applies.
Micronesia signed a mutual visa-waiver agreement with the European Union on 20 September 2016. This agreement allows all citizens of states that are contracting parties to the Schengen Agreement to stay without a visa for a maximum period of 90 days in any 180-day period.
Visa policy map
Visa free stay period
Citizens of the following countries can enter Micronesia for the following periods:
|Date of visa changes|
Under the Immigration Act 1980
Most visitors arriving to Micronesia were from the following countries:
|Rank||Country or territory||2015||2014||2013|
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Micronesia.|
- Custom Regulations, Federated States of Micronesia Visitors Board
- "Country information (visa section)". Timatic. International Air Transport Association (IATA) through Olympic Air. Retrieved 1 April 2017.
- Including 4 associated states.
- "Immigration Act of Federated States of Micronesia" (PDF). The Congress of the Federated States of Micronesia. 1980-12-18. Retrieved 2018-02-24.
- "Public Law 5-105 of Federated States of Micronesia" (PDF). The Congress of the Federated States of Micronesia. 1988-12-13. Retrieved 2018-02-24.
- "Public Law 12-65 of Federated States of Micronesia" (PDF). The Congress of the Federated States of Micronesia. 26 December 2002. Retrieved 2018-02-24.
- Under the Visa Waiver Agreement between Micronesia and the European Union
Applied on a provisional basis from 20 September 2016
Date of entry into force after ratification procedures - 1 August 2017
Agreement between the European Union and the Federated States of Micronesia on the short-stay visa waiver
- "Statistics". Archived from the original on 2016-10-01. Retrieved 2016-10-22.