Visa policy of Myanmar
Visa policy map
T – visa free for tourism only.
|Date of visa changes|
Visa on arrival
Holders of normal passports issued by China may obtain a visa on arrival for tourism purpose at Yangon International Airport, Nay Pyi Taw International Airport or Mandalay International Airport valid for 30 days, the visa fee is US$50.
Myanmar launched the eVisa system on 1 September 2014. eVisas are issued online for tourism and business purposes only. An evisa is issued within 3 working days, is valid for 90 days from the date of issue and allows a stay for up to 28 days (for tourists) or 70 days (for business travellers). The fee for a business eVisa is US$70, while a tourist eVisa costs US$50. Visas are issued free of charge to children under 7.
The list of eligible countries was expanded twice, first in October 2014, then in January 2015. In July 2015 business eVisa was introduced.
- Yangon International Airport
- Nay Pyi Taw International Airport
- Mandalay International Airport
- Kawthaung Land Border Checkpoint with Thailand
- Myawaddy Land Border Checkpoint with Thailand
- Tachileik Land Border Checkpoint with Thailand
- Rih Khaw Dar Land Border Checkpoint with India
- Tamu Land Border Checkpoint with India
Nationals of the following countries are eligible:
1 - Countries eligible for business/tourist e-visa along with visa-free or visa on arrival privilege.
2 - Countries eligible for business/tourist e-visa.
# - British citizens along with other EU citizens are eligible for business/tourist e-visa. All other classes of British nationality are eligible for tourist e-visa only.
No mark - Countries eligible for tourist e-visa only.
The eVisa system may be extended to other nationalities and ports of entry in the future and may include the issuance of other types of visas.
Holders of diplomatic and official/service passports of Bangladesh, Belarus, Brazil, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Colombia, India, Indonesia, Israel, North Korea, South Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Morocco, Nepal, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Vietnam do not require a visa for Myanmar.
Business visa on arrival is available for citizens from 52 countries/territories flying into Yangon International Airport, Naypyidaw Airport or Mandalay International Airport using the application form and with company registration and invitation documents.
Myanmar Airways claims that nationals of all countries and jurisdictions may obtain a tourist visa on arrival valid for 28 days provided they are arriving at Yangon International Airport on a specific flight on Myanmar Airways International from Guangzhou, though this seems to conflict with the Myanmar Visa on Arrival requirements.
Most visitors arriving to Myanmar on short term basis were from the following countries of nationality:
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Myanmar.|
- "Country information (visa section)". Timatic. International Air Transport Association (IATA) through Olympic Air. Retrieved 1 April 2017.
- Notice to Tourists
- Notice to Business Travellers
- The amended announcement of Visa Exemption to enter Myanmar for ordinary passport holders of Japan and South Korea
- Terms and Conditions for The Tourists from Special Administrative Regions of PRC (Hong Kong SAR and Macao SAR) for Visa Exemption
- Visa on Arrival applicable for the passport holder of the People’s Republic of China, Hong Kong and Macao SAR
- 中国领事服务网. "缅甸拟对中国游客实行落地签证政策". Retrieved 2014-09-11.
- migration (2014-09-01). "Myanmar targets 5 million tourists with e-visa". The Straits Times. Retrieved 2016-10-26.
- List of Countries Having Bilateral Visa Exemption Agreements with Myanmar (As of August 2018)
- Com, The Phuket News. "World News: PHUKET: Myanmar expands visa on arrival list". The Phuket News Com. Retrieved 2016-10-26.
- "Ministry of Labour, Immigration and Population » The Required Terms and Conditions for VISA ON ARRIVAL". www.mip.gov.mm. Retrieved 2016-10-26.
- Myanmar visa on arrival
- Myanmar to resume issuing visas on arrival to visitors
- "Myanmar Tourism Statistics". Central Statistical Organization. Ministry of National Planning and Economic Development.
- Myanmar eVisa, Ministry of Immigration and Population