Visa policy of Namibia
|Namibia international border crossing points|
The Government of Namibia allows citizens of specific countries and territories to travel to Namibia for tourism or business purposes for three months with an ordinary passport, and diplomatic and service passports without having to obtain a visa. All visitors must hold a passport valid for 6 months.
Visa policy map
Visa exempt citizens
1 - including all classes of British nationality.
Holders of ordinary passports issued by the following 2 jurisdictions can enter Namibia without a visa for a maximum stay of 30 days:
Holders of diplomatic, official or service passports issued to nationals of Ghana and Turkey as well as holders of diplomatic or official passports of India do not require a visa for Namibia. African holders of diplomatic or official passports are exempted from Namibian visas.
Most visitors arriving to Namibia were from the following countries of nationality:
- "Namibia lightens visa requirements | IOL". Retrieved 2017-07-12.
- "Namibia set to abolish visas for all Africans". News24. Retrieved 2017-07-12.
- "Kaza UniVisa to include Angola, Botswana and Namibia". Tourism Update. Retrieved 2017-07-12.
- "Country information (visa section)". Timatic. International Air Transport Association (IATA) through Olympic Air. Retrieved 1 April 2017.
- Visa Requirements for Foreigners Travelling to Namibia Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Republic of Namibia
- http://southernafrican.news/2016/04/26/nam-turkey-relations-booming/ Archived 2016-04-27 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Only African holders of diplomatic or official passports are exempted from Namibian visas". New Era Newspaper Namibia. 2016-05-29. Retrieved 2017-07-12.
- Tourist Statistical Report 2015