Visa policy of Peru
Visa policy map
Holders of passports of the following 99 jurisdictions can visit Peru for tourism purposes (unless otherwise stated) without a visa for up to 183 days, (except Schengen Area member states and associated countries whose citizens may stay up to 90 days within 180 days without a visa, and Costa Rica and Panama whose citizens are allowed to stay for 90 days per visit):
ID - may cross the border with either ID card or passport.
B - may visit without a visa for business purposes as well.
|Date of visa changes|
Nationals of China and India who hold a visa with a remaining validity of more than 6 months or a permanent residence permit issued by Australia, Canada, United Kingdom, United States or a Schengen member state are visa exempt for a maximum of 180 days during a six-month period.
Holders of diplomatic, official or service passports do not require a visa.
APEC Business Travel Card
Holders of passports issued by the following countries who possess an APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC) containing the "PER" code on the reverse that it is valid for travel to Peru can enter visa-free for business trips for up to 90 days.
ABTCs are issued to nationals of:
- REQUERIMIENTOS DE VISAS PARA CIUDADANOS EXTRANJEROS
- A extranjeros que viajan al Peru
- "Visa Information". Timatic. IATA. Retrieved 17 December 2013.
- Peru, Honduras ratify visa-free regime for travelers
- EU signs visa waiver agreement with Peru
- Visa waiver for Chinese nationals to lure more tourists to Peru
- ABTC Summary