Visa policy of Qatar
- they are citizens of one of the GCC countries or Turkey
- they are citizens of one of the eligible countries for visa on arrival (or online visa).
Visitors holding a tourist visa must also have proof of confirmed hotel reservation and at least USD 1,400 or a major credit card.
All visitors, except GCC citizens, must hold passports valid for 3 months from the date of arrival. GCC citizens may use National ID Cards to enter the country.
In February 2016 Qatari authorities announced plans to introduce online tourist visas.
Visa policy map
Citizens of the following countries do not require a visa to enter Qatar:
Holders of diplomatic or official passports of Algeria, France, Italy, Morocco, Portugal, Switzerland, Tunisia, Turkey and United Kingdom (including Queen's Messengers) and only diplomatic passports of Azerbaijan, Brazil, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Ecuador, El Salvador, Germany, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Romania, Russia and Ukraine also do not require a visa.
Visa on arrival
Holders of passports issued by the following 39 countries and territories may obtain a visa on arrival for a maximum stay of 1 month. Fee is between QAR 50 and 150. Visa can also be issued online for most of the nationals.
1 - Provided holding USD 1,000 in cash or a credit card, proof of accommodation and a return ticket.
2 - For tourism purpose only. Must arrive via Doha International Airport.
3 - Cannot be issued online and is not valid for Oman.
Nationals of Iran traveling on business can obtain a visa on arrival at a cost of QAR 100 for a maximum stay of 6 days, provided holding QAR 5,000 or a major credit card, return ticket, upper class hotel reservation and an invitation by a company that is certified by the Government.
The government of Qatar plans to introduce visa on arrival for citizens of China, India, Russia.
On 26 September 2016, the Ministry of the Interior announced the issuance of free transit visas for passengers of any nationality transiting through Hamad International Airport. Only travelers with layovers between 5 and 96 hours are eligible.
Most visitors arriving to Qatar were from the following countries of nationality:
|United Arab Emirates||117,575|
- "Visa Information - Qatar". Timatic. IATA. Retrieved 5 January 2016.
- Hukoomi Portal Entry Visas
- Qatar MOI official: Tourist visas to be available online soon
- India and Qatar sign agreements to ease visa norms, step up cyber security cooperation
- Except Azerbaijan, Belarus, Cyprus, Hungary, Montenegro, Poland and Turkey.
- New Transit Rules Make Visiting Qatar Easier
- Annual Tourism Performance Report 2015