Visa policy of Rwanda
The Republic of Rwanda, a member of the East African Community, allows citizens of all African countries to obtain a visa on arrival. Citizens of most other countries must obtain an e-Visa online before departure. All visitors must hold a passport valid for at least 6 months with at least one empty page.
Visa policy map
- Visa-free for visits up to 90 days
- Visitor's pass on arrival (no fee) for visits up to 6 months (EAC)
- Visa on arrival (no fee) for visits up to 90 days (CEPGL)
- Visa on arrival for US$30 for visits up to 30 days
- Citizens of all African countries not exempted by other agreements
- New Zealand
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Visa issuance
Citizens of all other countries must obtain a visa before arrival, either online, or at a Rwandan diplomatic mission.
- East African Tourist Visa
Rwanda plans to remove visa requirements for African nationals travelling to the country by 2018.