Visa policy of Tanzania
Visitors to Tanzania must obtain a visa from one of the Tanzanian diplomatic missions unless they come from one of the visa exempt countries or countries whose citizens can obtain a visa on arrival. All visitors must hold a passport valid for 6 months (according to the Tanzanian immigration department) or a month beyond the period of intended stay (according to IATA).
Visa policy map
Citizens of the following countries and territories can visit Tanzania without a visa for up to 3 months:
Citizens of the following countries and territories must obtain a visa in advance from a Tanzanian Diplomatic Mission:
Alternative visa policy information
Proof of Yellow fever vaccination is required for all travellers travelling through or from the following countries: Angola, Argentina, Benin, Bolivia, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Colombia, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Côte d'Ivoire, Ecuador, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, French Guiana, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Kenya, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Togo, Trinidad and Tobago, Uganda, Venezuela. The Tanzanian ministry of health mandates a transit time of more than 12 hours or a disembarkment from the immediate airport area from the above mentioned countries during transit as a possible health threat and requires travelers in such situations to possess Yellow Fever Certificates. months.
- LIST OF COUNTRIES AND SPECIFIC VISA ELIGIBILITY, Immigration Services Department of Tanzania
- No visas required for South African passport holders
- COUNTRIES WHICH REQUIRE REFERAL(sic) VISA BEFORE COMING TO TANZANIA
- "Visa Information – Tanzania, United Republic of". Timatic. International Air Transport Association (IATA). Retrieved 1 April 2017.
- "Visa Information". tanzaniaembassy-us.org. Government of Tanzania. Retrieved 24 January 2016.
- "Countries with risk of yellow fever virus". cdc.gov. CDC. Retrieved 24 January 2016.
- "How To Enter Tanzania". countryreports.org. Retrieved 24 January 2016.